We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

daytrip to Belfast

Liverpool, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
daytrip to Belfast

Hi guys, signed up to TA just to ask this.

I am a female tourist/student here in UK and planning to go traveling to Belfast alone, just a daytrip (so i can say i've been to the 4 regions of UK ie England, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland) I suck at planning and this is my first solo travel really....so apologies for some stupid questions....

First question is that:

1.)is it safe to travel there right now? I know a lot of people say it is, but i read the news and all i read about are riots.

2.)I am taking an easy jet flight from John Lennon airport to Belfast Intl Airport, and from Belfast Airport i know i have to take a return bus Express 300 for 10.50 pounds. Is there a cheaper (and faster) alternative like train or subway?

3.)I am only really planning on going to the Titanic Exhibition, as i am a huge fan of the movie. But, from the bus station (Europa Bus terminal) is quite a long walk. should i take another bus going there or just enjoy the 30 min walk back and forth? If by bus, how much do you think it would cost me?

I am really very confused as how to plan this whole trip. I dont want to book my flights and travel there without knowing a thing about where and how to go to places.

any suggested itinerary? reaching at 7:50, return flight at 9:50). Also, is the budget of 150 pounds workable (flights are ard 40-60 pounds). will appreciate answers. thanks guys!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,408 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: daytrip to Belfast

Welcome to TripAdvisor. Even though you are traveling solo, your questions really don't concern that. The best place to find the answers is the local Belfast "destination forum" board here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g186470-i491-Belfa…

When you click over there, you can do a search on Titanic and pull up some posts, or start a new one with your very specific questions on distance and time.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186470-i491-k6533…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186470-i491-k5778…

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,864 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: daytrip to Belfast

1.)is it safe to travel there right now? Yes, in the area that you plan to visit. Just keep your wits about you, as in any large city.

2.)i know i have to take a return bus Express 300 for 10.50 pounds. Is there a cheaper (and faster) alternative like train or subway? No.

3.)I am only really planning on going to the Titanic Exhibition, as i am a huge fan of the movie. But, from the bus station (Europa Bus terminal) is quite a long walk. should i take another bus going there or just enjoy the 30 min walk back and forth? If by bus, how much do you think it would cost me? Bus services 26 and 26B, which drop off on Queen's Road for the Titanic Experience, depart from Wellington Place and take about 7 minutes. The return journey will cost less than £3 (a Metro Day tickets costs £3 but you may not plan more journeys within the city) and the bus driver will point out where to wait for a bus back to the city centre.

It is advisable to book ahead for the Titanic Experience. Allow at least 2 hours for the visit.

3. Re: daytrip to Belfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 16, 2014