We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Month in South Korea

Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
A Month in South Korea

Hi, I'm 50+ travelling solo next year to Seoul South Korea for a month and would like some advise where to stay that is affordable and central.

My first question is I'm wondering whether to stay in a guesthouse or do a homestay as I am travelling alone. A hotel would be too expensive as I will have to pay the single supplement.

My second question is since I am retired I can go any month. My chosen months is either May, Sept or Oct. Does anybody know which month would have the most festivals and happenings and has more fun during that month?

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,209 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Month in South Korea

It sounds like a wonderful trip!

You might want to have a look at the TA South Korea Forum.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g294196-i8160-So…

as well as the one specificaly for Seoul.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294197-i8161-Seou…

Happy travelling.

2. Re: A Month in South Korea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 03, 2010