I will be turning 30 in October and have a strong desire (which I can't really explain) to celebrate it with a spontaneous trip somewhere. I've thought of everything from hopping on a plane to Vegas and taking in some shows for a few days, to going to NYC for a weekend. I thought I would make a post on this forum to get ideas and perhaps feedback from people who have made such trips.
So things to consider:
- I would be traveling alone (I'm single)
- I am currently located east coast Canada
- Money is not really an obstacle but I don't want to spend an excessive amount of money (which I would define as $3k+)
- Due to work commitments I would limit myself to a 4-5 day trip
- I'm the kind of person who enjoys history/arts more than hot weather/beaches
Your trip ideas are welcome!