We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo travel - finding all inclusive deals NOT based on 2!!!

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Solo travel - finding all inclusive deals NOT based on 2!!!

Hello

Im finding it very difficult to find reasonable deals carrying all inclusive, for single occupancy of the rooms. Try adding it to a flight package..good luck.

If you can point me in the right direction of a reputable company it would be very much appreciated.

Happy holidays. thank you

7 replies to this topic
Canada
Level Contributor
10,913 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Solo travel - finding all inclusive deals NOT based on 2!!!

What is your definition of reasonable? How much more in actual dollars, pounds, rupees are you willing to pay?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12,340 posts
157 reviews
2. Re: Solo travel - finding all inclusive deals NOT based on 2!!!

You don't say where you are from and this is a global site. A location would narrow down company recommendations.

However, regardless of locale, AI alwaysnhas an upcharge for solo travelers....to absorb the 50% room fee that needs to be considered.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
10,571 posts
99 reviews
3. Re: Solo travel - finding all inclusive deals NOT based on 2!!!

I think this issue is covered in existing threads discussing single supplements or lack thereof. I believe the consensus is that a solo traveller typically ends up paying more than 50% of what an all-inclusive double booking would cost and sometimes much more. There are reasons for such policies although they are not palatable to solo travellers.

Many solo travellers circumvent the problem by going to destinations like Thailand where you can find inexpensive good food and drink outside your hotel. If you choose a private room in a guesthouse you will not be paying in vain for a double breakfast since they serve none. You would still be paying for a double room but you can consider the extra space an affordable luxury at 500-1000 baht/night. How many people can really gorge themselves on food and booze enough to get real value for money with all-inclusive accommodation?

Seattle
Level Contributor
52,535 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Solo travel - finding all inclusive deals NOT based on 2!!!

I travel alone and always just book my own plane ticket and make a hotel reservation or rent an apartment. I am not that interested in going "AI" really but when I've looked at packages they never were good for a single person. I can do way better on my own for the places I vacation.

~suze

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
35,505 posts
111 reviews
5. Re: Solo travel - finding all inclusive deals NOT based on 2!!!

All inclusive holidays tend to be through companies and companies charge the single supplement.

I have been on some solo but they are few and far between and change each year so it's just a case of searching so it's unlikely we could give a specific place

You are unlikly to be able to find one for your prefered destination.

You will have to find the AI with no supplement and see if the destination is ok with you

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
859 posts
269 reviews
6. Re: Solo travel - finding all inclusive deals NOT based on 2!!!

I would agree with other users. Many solo travelers book trips by building their own itinerary. I like to find plan my travel around the flight. Depending on where I can get a good deal for a flight is where I choose to travel as this is usually my largest expense. There are a few other factors that play into this like time of year, weather, etc. From there if you want to join more 'tours' you can book day trips or multi day tours. Most of these don't charge a single supplement and will usually pick you up directly from your hotel. You can find these tours on Trip Advisor or its sister site Viator for example.

If you really want a solo package deal, I would search online for "solo travel package". I found a few sites that came up when I did this. This was the first site that came up for me (but it will depend on your location) https://solotrekker4u.com/travel-packages/. You could also try joining MeetUp groups in your area (https://www.meetup.com) where you could meet other solo travelers in your age group that want to take a trip together. If your a senior you can also try visiting your local senior center to see if they offer trips.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
270 posts
74 reviews
7. Re: Solo travel - finding all inclusive deals NOT based on 2!!!

Let Sport St Lucia ,no solo supplement and AMresorts no single supplement during certain promotions. I also suggest booking hotel and flight separate also a few cruiselines offer solo cabins with no supplement.

Edited: 11:59 am, September 17, 2018
Reply to: Solo travel - finding all inclusive deals NOT based on 2!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions