We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Bali Alone!

Cardiff, United...
2 posts
Travelling to Bali Alone!

Hi! I'm a 19 year old male travelling to Bali alone for 2 weeks in October this year. I've just a few questions to ask and some general advice relating to traveling alone considering I've never been this far away from home by myself. any help/advice would be appreciated!

I'll be doing 9 days in Bali, then to Lombok for the rest.

My main priority is not getting bored so any suggestions on plenty of things to do would be amazing. Also what is the weather normally like in October time? Are there normally many solo travelers in Bali or is it primarily just travelers in couples/groups?

As I said, any suggestions/advice that relate to travelling alone would be great!

24 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
11. Re: Travelling to Bali Alone!

Hey.. Good to see so many people travelling at the same time as I do... I am travelling Solo from New Delhi, India and shall be there from 23Oct-28Oct.. I will be flying to Gili T from 25-26Oct being my birthday... Let me know in case anyone wishes to join in...

Cheers 🍻🍻

Edited: 5:16 am, September 14, 2018
Muenster, Germany
1 post
12. Re: Travelling to Bali Alone!

Hey.. I'm glad to see that there are so many solo travelers in Bali. I am traveling Solo from 20 Sep - 1. Okt.

Is there anybody that is there at the same time and want to meet up? :)

Is there a forum or something similar where I can sign up?

1 post
13. Re: Travelling to Bali Alone!

Hi

You may want to review your Lombok trip. Due to recent severe earthquake the place is not in good condition and is facing several problems including Malaria epidemic. So I think its not advisable to go to that side till the whole situation resumes back to normal.

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
14. Re: Travelling to Bali Alone!

Hey @maeirah, thank you very much for that insight, Hows the current situation in Lombok,, Is it anyway looking to improvise anytime soon or may be until end of October. And how about Bali -the main city and around.. Is malaria Epidemic there as well??

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,948 posts
30 reviews
15. Re: Travelling to Bali Alone!

If you go and post on the actual Bali or Lombok forums you will have ready access to people located there right now.

1 post
1 review
16. Re: Travelling to Bali Alone!

I have booked a last minute trip for Bali for 10 days, I've seen things to do on youtube which helped me a little. There is absolutely so much to do, so I've only booked an hotel for the day I arrive which is 26th September. There onwards I am booking hostels two to three nights at a time in different locations and take some of the days as they come. I've seen on youtube that Seminyak area has night life, bars, 3o minutes from there (according to google maps) is the famous Kuta beach (in taxi or other public transport).

Ubud is also another place that appears to be popular, seems like a lot of greenery, no beaches however. Could do hiking there, there is a coffee plantation. so basically lots of sight seeing things if you are into that.

There are also a lot of lovely temples across Bali I think the biggest temple is in Lempuyang: I have a link if anyone wants to view it: bali-indonesia.com/magazine/bali-must-see-te…

1 post
17. Re: Travelling to Bali Alone!

Also travelling to Bali solo in October 5th-11th if anyone wants a meet up? Also any more suggestions of whats good to do when travelling by yourself would be appreciated :)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,948 posts
30 reviews
18. Re: Travelling to Bali Alone!

And again - post on the Bali forums where you will encounter plenty of people in Bali already or heading to Bali.

https:/…ShowForum-g294226-i7220-Bali.html

Bandar Seri...
1 post
1 review
19. Re: Travelling to Bali Alone!

Hello Mr.vaibhav, I'll be there from 23rd Oct - 30th at bali., If you have any plans let me know...

1 post
20. Re: Travelling to Bali Alone!

Hey, long story short I’m now traveling alone. My friend just cancelled on me :(

Little nervous now - I’m still going to go! So anyone out who’s there from 7th - 22nd give me a shout

Reply to: Travelling to Bali Alone!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted