We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charging battery in europe

Oklahoma City...
1 post
charging battery in europe

Do you need a CONvERTER to charge a go go scooter in Europe?

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
10,588 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: charging battery in europe

The charger will need to be a dual voltage device which can accept both 110-120V and 220-240V. If so you'll only need a plug adapter, to convert your US plug to a European plug.

If your charger only accepts 110-120v you will need a charger adapter. Contact the manufacturer if in doubt.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: charging battery in europe

I recently went on a trip to Russia where we boarded a 1980s river cruise ship that had 110 volt electricity supply. As most mobility scooters used to 12 volt batteries they are very very often 24 volt output therefore your charger already scales up the electricity and can often do that from either 110 volt or 240 volt At either 50 or 60 Hz

Look on the label which is on the charger itself and it will say something similar to mine.

There are only two basic input voltages which are either 100/110 or around 240.

My battery charge reads

INPUT AC 100-240 volts 50/60hz 1.5 amp

OUTPUT 24 volt 2000ma (the OUTPUT is kind of irrelevant ad it is not related to the problem)

HOWEVER basically this means as long as I can adapt the three pin to a 2 pin using a standard travel plug it can take any electricity from all over the world the only exception being where it is supplied by a DC current which is from a battery and it is extremely unlikely you will ever come across something like that! Please read your label and if you are not sure after my explanation feel free 2 post the readings on here and someone if not myself will be able to advise you but my experience is that of the two mobility scooters I have both the adaptors are capable of taking 100-240 volts and both have an output of 24 volts therefore I am fairly confident you will not have any issues

3. Re: charging battery in europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 13, 2017