We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been to the Henley Royal Regatta in a wheelchair?

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
57 reviews
Has anyone been to the Henley Royal Regatta in a wheelchair?

Hi everyone,

Last year I went to the Royal Regatta in Henley on Thames and had a great time. Now our group would love to go this year, so we are trying to plan the occasion. We would like to hear from anyone who has been to the Regatta at Henley while in a wheelchair.

We need to know how we get there, where we can sit, is there anywhere to get food and drink and are they accessible to users of wheelchairs. Where is the best location to be if you are in a wheelchair.

Does anyone know who we could get intouch with so we could visit the location before the Regatta.

Please answer everyone if you can. All information gratefully appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
1. Re: Has anyone been to the Henley Royal Regatta in a wheelchair?

My wife's sister uses a wheelchair and went to the Royal Regatta last year (2012). She didn't have any problems, although was slightly restricted in the evening as some of the "drinking" tents required her to negotiate narrow footpaths along the river which were a bit precarious. However, I would not let this put you off as there was generally speaking good wheelchair access. She stayed at the nearby Black Boys Inn Hurley, where the room and restaurant all had wheelchair access. Overall a well organised event, but some large crowds to negotiate. You could email the hotel, they might be able to help, alternatively you could phone the Henley tourist board directly. Hope this helps!

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Has anyone been to the Henley Royal Regatta in a wheelchair?

Thank you for the information. I wrote directly to the Regatta organisers and they have offered to answer any querries regarding access and facilities. It is nice to know that even with crowds people in wheelchairs can still enjoy the regatta. Thinking of going to Henley Rewind which I understand is brilliant and disable friendly.

3. Re: Has anyone been to the Henley Royal Regatta in a wheelchair?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 25, 2014