We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair accessible hotels?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wheelchair accessible hotels?

My wife and I plan to travel to Amsterdam in May 2013 and wondered if anybody could provide advice regarding wheelchair accessible hotels?

I am a manual wheelchair user who can walk a little as long as I am aided by my able-bodied wife - we would like to stay somewhere fairly central, close to Dam Square or Leidseplein preferably as we both enjoy the nighlife on offer but, if possible, don't want to pay a fdortune for the experience.

Any advice woud be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Teesside
Level Contributor
376 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wheelchair accessible hotels?

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HACSearch…

I searched TRip Advisor for these hotels and clicked the link at the bottom for wheelchair access. I hope this helps you.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,138 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wheelchair accessible hotels?

I hope your experience in Amsterdam is better than my experience. I have been in and out of that airport six times in the past two months. I have never received worse service in any other airport in my entire life.

My perception is that the people do not care about a disability. They are arrogant and unpleasant and rarely provide the services I expect from airport personnel. Complaining to other citizens of Amsterdam seemed pointless.

While it is certainly not fair, after being in this airport on six different occasions, and having been treated very badly on each occasion, I have no desire to return to the airport or to anywhere in The Netherlands.

3. Re: Wheelchair accessible hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, January 08, 2015
4. Re: Wheelchair accessible hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, December 18, 2013