We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a destination/iteniary

Haugesund, Norway
12 posts
Save Topic
Need a destination/iteniary

Hello, I'm looking for a holiday either solo or with my friend to an exotic location anywhere in the world. I'm saving up for a long holiday doing whatever I want for like 6-7 weeks. What do you recommend from experience?

Sunny beaches in Fiji, Bali, Bora Bora etc.

Sightseeing in USA, central Europe, UAE

Backpacking through South-East Asia

Safari in Africa

Chilling in South America

I'm up for anything. I'm scandinavian so any North-Europe suggestions are not welcome :D

Any tips/suggestions then please share:)

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,130 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a destination/iteniary

Hi Almar;

Have you considered visiting Canada ?

I would suggest 3 weeks in eastern Canada...

Niagara Falls

Toronto

• Kingston / Gananoque / 1000 Islands

• Ottawa

Montreal

Quebec City

then an internal flight to western Canada for the remaining 3 weeks...

• Calgary

• Banff

• Jasper

• Lake Louise

• Edmonton

• Whistler

Vancouver

Of course, the Rocky Mountains are a category all to themselves. ;-)

All of these locations can be found on TripAdvisor by searching for the area’s name, and of course there are the destination forums as well. Any destination highlighted in blue is automatically hyper-linked to TA's overview page for that area.

Best Regards

2. Re: Need a destination/iteniary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:58 am, April 22, 2014
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,287 posts
5,512 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a destination/iteniary

Without knowing your interests its difficult to make recommendations. Safari in Africa can be an incredible experience. Here is a list of our favourite safari destinations, most of them are in Africa

Top Safari Destinations

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i38101-Top_Safa…

These safari trips can be quite expensive though so you might want to limit that activity to just 2+ weeks, spending some additional time backpacking around South Africa. SE Asia for 6-7 weeks is a gem of a holiday as well, depending on what season you visit, dry season is best!

For some help on where to go, have a look at the Top Question (FAQ) on the right hand side of this forum - Where to travel and when to go there? There are a couple useful sources there for thinking about good destinations during different times of the year.

4. Re: Need a destination/iteniary

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:58 am, April 22, 2014
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,287 posts
5,512 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a destination/iteniary

Read the sticky thread 'how to use this forum' See section C.2. All is revealed there.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12334-k5876122…

6. Re: Need a destination/iteniary

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions