We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone heard of or used Rocket Miles?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
41,829 posts
11 reviews
31 helpful votes
Anyone heard of or used Rocket Miles?

They send me e-mails claiming if I book hotels through them I can earn Rapid Rewards miles on Southwest- but the very generous number of miles offered for a single booking ( sometimes 5,000) has me suspicious..

Are they related to Southwest in some way - or has anyone had any successful dealings with them? I usually book directly with a hotel- so shall I keep doing that or is there a reason to use Rocket Miles?

141 replies to this topic
Stockholm, Sweden
8 posts
11. Re: Anyone heard of or used Rocket Miles?

By using rocket miles u can save a lot in air fares.

12. Re: Anyone heard of or used Rocket Miles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:30 am, October 15, 2017

Gig harbor
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
21 helpful votes
13. Re: Anyone heard of or used Rocket Miles?

I was totally dissatisfied with their customer service. If you have issues, they will say they will get back with you and they never do. I would never, never, never book another hotel through RocketMiles. It is just not worth it if you have issues.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
5 posts
46 reviews
25 helpful votes
14. Re: Anyone heard of or used Rocket Miles?

I got a bad experience with rocketmiles. I tried to book hotel in Macau which cost me around 130++USD by using debit card, when I click proceed to payment, it stated there was an error occurred. So i thought the reservation has not been made since i didn't received any email from the hotel or rocketmiles itself. Then i check my bank statement, the amount has been deducted from my account! I never receive any confirmation email from them regarding the booking, how come they could easily deduct the money from my acc!? And after that I've emailed them, asked about this matter, and they said they will refund the money. But still now I still have not received refund from them. I will never, ever use rocketmiles again!!!!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
7 helpful votes
15. Re: Anyone heard of or used Rocket Miles?

I also just had a problem with RocketMiles. I referred my boyfriend to their program and both of us received the 1000 Avios bonus for their 'refer a friend' promotion. However, when he made his first booking for which he should have received an additional 3000 bonus miles using a promotional link from British Airways Executive Club, they denied him the bonus because I used my credit card to pay for the booking (the trip was for my business purposes).

Even though we have separate BAEC accounts and separate RocketMiles accounts, they basically claimed that their system detected something "fishy" going on and steadfastly denied his eligibility for the 3K bonus Avios despite numerous emails and phone calls from both of us trying to clarify the situation. Nor would they guarantee a refund if we canceled the reservation even though it was still 48 hours in advance of check-in. Apparently customer loyalty is not their real goal. Talking to their "concierge" service was like talking to robots. Kaligo has much better customer service and similar bonuses.

Edited: 5:21 pm, January 11, 2016
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,627 posts
188 reviews
138 helpful votes
16. Re: Anyone heard of or used Rocket Miles?

LittleWashita: Just curious here - how do you know this was not a problem with the actual vendor - British Airways - and not RocketMiles. One of the problems with many of these 3rd party schemes is that there are extra sets of Terms and Conditions. I note that in RocketMiles' T&C's it does mention you must have full compliance with BA to receive points. Do you know?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
7 helpful votes
17. Re: Anyone heard of or used Rocket Miles?

After multiple emails and calls with RocketMiles' concierge staff, it was clear the decision was theirs. They made no mention of any problem with BAEC (and I am sure they would have been quick to pass blame if that was the nature of the problem).

Here is what RocketMiles said in response to our inquiry:

"That particular promotion was for first-time users, and our system has detected that this is not your first purchase. Our first-time promotion bonuses are limited to one per customer (not necessarily one per account), and our system identifies a customer/purchaser based on various information such as credit card, reward accounts, traveler names, and other details."

And in another follow-up email they said:

"Our site is designed for customers to make all bookings from a single account, even if booking for others or earning in different reward accounts with each booking. Because we offer very generous bonuses for first time purchasers, we must unfortunately remain strict in limiting them to one per customer."

As we repeatedly explained, this was my boyfriends' first booking on HIS RocketMiles account and to be credited toward HIS BAEC account. Apparently the problem stems from the fact that we often use the same desktop computer and I used my credit card to pay for the trip since it was a business trip for me-- something I would think would be a relatively common occurrence, but this is apparently the reason they disqualified him.

Bogota, Colombia
1 post
18. Re: Anyone heard of or used Rocket Miles?

I did like the idea of getting bonus points from United when booking these hotels, but upon investigation the prices for the hotels I was interested in were in some cases more than Double of those on booking.com. So their claim that the prices are the same as other internet travel agencies is total crap. I phoned their office and there is no guarantee of price match. All the representative said was that the hotel i gave an example was the same as Orbit. If you need to buy some United points at the moment, there is a 4000 bonus of booking a hotel until the end of March so it may work out cheaper to still book one of the cheaper hotels until then, but do your maths!!!

Penfield, New York...
1 post
2 reviews
19. Re: Anyone heard of or used Rocket Miles?

I received a promotional offer for bonus miles if I used Rocket Miles and paid with my American Aadvantage card. I checked the rates and compared them to Expedia and what was also offered directly from hotel. Rocketmiles rates were 150% higher! I called the concierge number and asked why it was so much more expensive. Got no good answer and they were not even willing to comp a free breakfast or anything to compensate for the delta. I'll use it this once as the bonus miles is on the order of 5000 miles but I would not recommend this booking site to anyone for the typical miles you get from a booking. Disappointed that my credit card company would endorse such a partner as Rocketmiles!

nyc
Level Contributor
24 posts
119 reviews
66 helpful votes
20. Re: Anyone heard of or used Rocket Miles?

I booked a room through rocketmiles and was very dissatisfied. The hotel I booked through RocketMiles cost 15 dollars more than had I booked it directly online. I went ahead with it because the bonus of 5000 frequent flyer miles was worth 15 dollars to me. After booking it, the confirmation stated that the guest had to be 21 or over at check in. This was not apparent and when I complained, the "night supervisor" Chelsea, stated that had I hovered my mouse over a line that read "important information" I would have seen this stipulation. I felt that it was dishonest because it was just as easy for them to simply state that one had to be 21 at check in rather than hiding it beneath a link. The company was unyielding and it was clear from Chelsea's statements that she had plenty of experience with similar situations.

When asked if there was some compromise that could be reached or whether the stay could be transferred to a different property, Chelsea's response was the same, "RocketMiles is not responsible for the customer's failure to read all of the conditions."

I would definitely stay away from this entity

Reply to: Anyone heard of or used Rocket Miles?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted