We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used bookvip.com to book a vacation property?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used bookvip.com to book a vacation property?

Has anyone used bookvip.com to book a vacation property? I don't know how to tell if its legit or not.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,674 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used bookvip.com to book a vacation property?

Hi Cheri, welcome to the forum ~

I have seen so many complaints on many of the forums on TA about 3rd party booking sites. The main complaint is booking something, having the company take your money, then come back to tell you that the cost quoted is not available. But you could pay more for a reservation. If you don't want to it takes a week or two to get your money back.

I have no idea if this online booking website is one of these, but my rule of thumb is to be very careful when something looks like a very good price. And remember you are not reserving with the actual property. If anything goes sideways for you and your party, you must deal with the 3rd party to make any changes.

Anyway, sorry I can't speak to this specific company. Maybe others can. And you can tell I'm a big fan of booking directly with the accommodation, the airline, or the car rental company in almost all cases. One thing you could do is Google "bookvip.com reviews" to see what comes up. Hope you find out more.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used bookvip.com to book a vacation property?

Thank you for your quick response. I have googled it and only a few things come up but no real responses. The website is relatively new just opening in September. I do think it looks too good to be true so I have not booked anything however it's not completely off the table until I do more research. Thanks again for the advise, I will keep that in mind when booking.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used bookvip.com to book a vacation property?

I agree with booking directly with the airlines etc.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used bookvip.com to book a vacation property?

I just booked with bookvip for montego bay secrets wild orchid. I got a receipt and hotel confirmation via email. The catch is u must attend a timeshare 90 min presentation. If u have ever attended a timeshare presentation by the Secrets chain u are not elligible, if your are not living together as a couple your are not elligle. If u llook for south vacation its either secrets chain or villa del palmar. Anyways it seemed good to me and i paid 2600$ for 7nights great deal! Its worth 90 min of my time fir their presentatiom which i wont buy lol

Edited: 10:56 pm, December 11, 2013
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used bookvip.com to book a vacation property?

when are you going?

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone used bookvip.com to book a vacation property?

In my experience with time share the presentation is more like 2 hours time.

Powell Butte, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone used bookvip.com to book a vacation property?

I too am interested in the deals available through bookvip.com ... but ... there is so little information out there. I don't want to give my info to a company that may misuse it or pay for something that may not be all it seems. We have stayed often at Finisterra in Cabo and love it there but $499 for 5 nights all-inclusive just seems to good to be true. If you have experience with bookvip.com,, good or bad, PLEASE reply ASAP. Thank you for your input.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone used bookvip.com to book a vacation property?

I'm also interested in booking with them. Has anyone gone ahead and booked? Is the only catch having to listening to a timeshare presentation? If so, how painful is it?

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone used bookvip.com to book a vacation property?

Im thinking of booking with them too and im just wondering is the flight and everything included or just the hotel?

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone used bookvip.com to book a vacation property?

Have you check the Air travel forums about this firm?