We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not use Kayak/Travelocity for hotels

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Do not use Kayak/Travelocity for hotels

I made a mistake in my reservation and called Kayak right away. They did not want to modify my reservation and they said they had to charge me a night plus taxes to cancel the whole reservation. I just wanted them to modify it.

I wanted to make an official complaint but the floor manager told me I was speaking to the highest person I could talk to and refused to transfer me.

I hope Kayak/Travelocity enjoy their commission on this reservation because it's the last one they'll ever get from me.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,161 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do not use Kayak/Travelocity for hotels

What did the terms of your reservation say?

(Not that it's entirely relevant since this is the Airline/Air travel forum)

Edited: 11:10 am, October 21, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,733 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do not use Kayak/Travelocity for hotels

1. Wrong forum

2. As you don't provide details of your mistake, the only I can gather is that your "mistake" was with the dates, on a non refundable reservation. Your opening sentence is the bottom line.

3. If it IS the dates, no point arguing that the hotel/agent/supplier won't lose money by changing dates. If affects a whole bunch of stuff I won't go into.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Do not use Kayak/Travelocity for hotels

Welcome to the forums, Pierre! Just popping in to mention that we've moved your topic from the Air Travel forums to the Bargain Travel forums where it is more appropriately placed. Thanks for sharing your experience with the community!

Best regards,

TA_Louise

4. Re: Do not use Kayak/Travelocity for hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 23, 2014