We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

asda travel

Stirling, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
asda travel

wondering if anyone has experienced the total lack of customer care i did from asda travel. six weeks after booking a hotel in majorca they emailed to say they were unable to give us that hotel but offered us another. they were still advertising our original hotel for our dates but wanted more money i tried emailing back on numerous occasions to say i wasn't happy with that just to get no reply. also tried phoning on numerous occasion (lengthy queues) just to get told they would phone me back, never happened. eventually requested a callback from a supervisor which i was told would happen within 24 hours, never happened. eventually asked for my money back which they agreed to and re booked with a decent company who seen happy to communicate with me. over three weeks since asking for a refund and still nothing. total lack of customer care too numerous and detailed to mention in this report but simply wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: asda travel

I wasnt aware that asda sold holidays?????

London, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: asda travel

Hi,

I also didnt know that Asda now do holidays along with veg!!!

I am a regular asda shopper and wondered if

although you booked the holiday on the Asda site,the booking is with a seperate company??

( sorry dont know the proper term).

I know that they do holiday insurance but wasnt aware of holidays through themselves.

Sorry you are having a horrible time with them.

We are going with TC, mainly for peace of mind.We have travelled many times with them and had no probs,which in itself is worth paying a little extra for,my opinion anyway.

Hope things get better...and soon..

Do let us know...

Debbie.

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: asda travel

Same here, and by the sound of it they are doing a pretty bad job too, o well, good to know.

London, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: asda travel

I think these supermarkets are trying to take a slice of the travel market,which they know nothing about.

I think they should stick to special offers on their food items instead of dipping their toes in this area.

lancs
Level Contributor
545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: asda travel

Have used Asda travel 4 times now to book hotel accomodation in benidorm,4 star full board saved £208 on our holiday this time by booking with them,always found them helpfull,and never ever had a problem,they have some great deals and not always at last minute.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: asda travel

Yes I'm sure that some people have had a good experience with them like gazboy_ and some a bad one, but as Debbie116 said above supermarkets are now trying to do too much, travel, banks, insurances, electronics, phones, and obviously they are putting too much on their plates.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
905 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: asda travel

Asda Insurance Customer Service is diabolical. My stepdaughter used them for car insurances against my advice. She truely wished she hadn't! I had to write a lenghy letter to the Manager of their complaints dept and threaten that if they did not look into the matter it would be referred to the insurance ombudsman. Leave supermarkets to what they do best, sell groceries.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,718 posts
1,737 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: asda travel

Asda have been running a travel agency for a few years. A friend tipped me off about them as he uses them frequently to go to Morocco and they tend to be rather price competitive.

http://www.asda-travel.co.uk/

Edited: 5:37 pm, June 13, 2013
Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: asda travel

Having used Asda travel for the first time this year we found the service great, we had read on forum before we booked not to take the low cost airline option as it was with Ryan air. so we chose Monach and it was just fine, The price we paid was £200 less than we had been quoted by other low cost operators so the price was great, I will be using the service again next time we go away.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: asda travel

I booked flights for 5 of us last friday at 6pm. I paid with my credit card 1200 pound and thought that was it. I received an email stating that my order was being processed and that I would receive confirmation as soon as it was booked. It is now 3.30 Monday afternoon! I have just receievd an email stating that the flights are no longer available! I had tried to call the customer helpline every 10 minutes since 9am this morning as they are not open at weekends! Nothing just a message to call back later, I eventually emailed themtwice before getting an answer. I did call a number on friday night to be told that he was nothing to do eith it and to call customer services on monday morning. What a useless system! No personal customer care or quick response. I wish I had read the reviews before I booked, you of course thick ASDA got to be good! Glad in a awa I havent booked through them as their shoddy customer care doesnt deserve it. Stick to groceries ASDA!!