We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

INCONSISTENCY OF best price guarantee of IHG

manila
2 posts
Save Topic
INCONSISTENCY OF best price guarantee of IHG

my claim was granted by the agent on the phone but the following day they reverse the decision.

"

Hi Ms. ____

This is John Soriano, E-Commerce Manager of Holiday Inn.

Although a lower rate can be seen in late rooms, it is not the net rate. late rooms is a pax account. guest will pay upon check in. The rate is not inclusive of service charge (the commission of late rooms. which is 25%) and the room service charge of the hotel which is 10%. total of 35% addition.

The 5,700 rate that you saw is not the total yet, upon adding the total service charge the net rate is: 7,695. (actually higher than IHG site's rate of 7,576.73. )

it is stated in their website:

please see attached for the screenshot or click the link below to see.

We get similar complains like this for laterooms and booking.com as both are "pay upon check-in" online travel agencies. this is part of their marketing tool to show only the net rate once your really confirm with their booking.

Important Information:

09/01/2013 to 31/12/2013 - Check the confirmation letter for service charge and local tax fees.

laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/175185_h…

Thus this is not a valid claim and we cannot give you a free night.

Thank you

"

Poor customer service and lack of communication and training

manila
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: INCONSISTENCY OF best price guarantee of IHG

MORE INformation

Hi Lyka

I was able to read your conversation just this morning, it was not clear to ferdie that late rooms has this clause that only in the confirmation letter will you see the total rate (adding the service charge). It is made clear to him just now as we are working in separate offices. We are sorry for the confusion but we cant extend the free night as the net rates for late rooms is not lower than your booked rates with IHG. I made it clear with Ferdie aswell.

Thank you

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Lyka Angela Sangkal <lykasangkal@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi John,

Regarding my claim. I already called your hotline last night and mr. ferdie nantes already guarantee my first night stay as free night. I called around 11pm maybe you can review our conversation since it was recorded.

Thanks!

Lyka

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,332 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: INCONSISTENCY OF best price guarantee of IHG

I'm surprised they don't train their CSRs better. Since customers rarely qualify for the guarantee you would think the standard answer would be I don't think you qualify, but I'll take your information and we'll get back to you.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: INCONSISTENCY OF best price guarantee of IHG

Not a good idea to post your e-mail account.

4. Re: INCONSISTENCY OF best price guarantee of IHG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions