We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Retreats - anyone heard of them (or used them)?

Toowoomba, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
1st Retreats - anyone heard of them (or used them)?

Hello - looking for feedback from anyone that has used a company called "1st Retreats" to book travel/tours.

They are currently advertising heavily discounted prices through Australian websites for various international destinations and I was just wondered if anyone had any experience with them.

thanks

Rob

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,237 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Retreats - anyone heard of them (or used them)?

A caution fior me is their 'bilnd" website- no address, no phone , no way to contact them except to fill out a form that is automatically sent to them without teling you who is getting it- which would definitely be no no to me- sort of 'don't call us , we'll call you." WOW!

Sounds prety scammy to me...

Brisbane QLD...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Retreats - anyone heard of them (or used them)?

Hi Did you end up booking thru them and if so any comments - it looks a little too good to be true.

Cheers Col.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Retreats - anyone heard of them (or used them)?

Hi

My mother asked me to check it out, i am also a little weary................ will check with Groupon maybe for authenticity.

My mother emailed them about an ad on trip, hasn't heardanything back!

Tia

4. Re: 1st Retreats - anyone heard of them (or used them)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:46 am, September 28, 2012
Edited: 4:46 am, September 28, 2012
Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st Retreats - anyone heard of them (or used them)?

I also emailed 1st retreat, just wondering if you got a reply yet as I haven't

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st Retreats - anyone heard of them (or used them)?

I was wondering if anybody has gotten a reply from the yet? I emailed them today and am just wondering what to expect or if they're a scam?

Sydney
Level Contributor
6 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st Retreats - anyone heard of them (or used them)?

Yes, got a prompt reply after filling out the online form as instructed for booking the current special deal.

Have to confirm Voucher numbers and names tour dates etc and they will finalise the reservation.

Make sure to check Junk folder as sometimes email from a new contact end up in that folder!

Edited: 5:26 pm, October 04, 2012
Maroochydore...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st Retreats - anyone heard of them (or used them)?

Just returned from an 1st Retreats 8 day China tour. When I left Australia I was a little concerned of what to expect given the low price.

The whole trip was nothing short of outstanding. The tour leader and 4 guides all spoke very acceptable english and went out of their way to assist. The hotels were 5 star or better, transport was by extremely clean and comfortable bus or bullet train, meals were excellent and the non stop commentary was very informative.

I would recommend this trip to anyone.

Frank

perth australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st Retreats - anyone heard of them (or used them)?

I have contacted 1st

retreat 8 times with questions about a great deal thru groupons.. i have had almost immediate replies and all concerns answered and even links to check up what services i am buying.. so far i am very impressed...... i am purchasing today.......

perth australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st Retreats - anyone heard of them (or used them)?

Nice to hear.

Get answers to your questions