We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with adult children

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling with adult children

My husband and I are traveling with 3 adult children 22, 24, and 26 and each are bringing a friend. Any suggestions on where to go? I know we are not going to get a bargain bargain with so many people. But I was hoping to find some suggestions less expensive places to go. We want to do some relaxing and some adventure or activities. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,263 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with adult children

Well the best way to control your budget may be with an all inclusive Mexico or Caribbean resort or a cruise. Although alcohol would not be included on a cruise, so that could have an impact on budget with some 20 somethings.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with adult children

Vegas? Generally cheap flights and hotel rooms. If you stay off strip you can usually find resorts that have 2 bedroom units at very reasonable prices. Find a place with a nice pool area.

ktown

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with adult children

Check out the Top 20 deals from Travelzoo, they have last minute deals as well

http://www.travelzoo.com

The DR usually has the best deals. Check the Bahamas, they are running a $400 credit.

Edited: 10:42 am, April 10, 2012
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
5,424 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling with adult children

Vegas, New Orleans, San Francisco (?), beach resort somewhere in Florida.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,162 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling with adult children

Great suggestions listed above. Vegas I have found to be very very cheap. Of course you can"t gamble or drink much. That's where they make their $$$$$. I have found that Breezes in Nassau (AI) gave me the best price for the money. Happy travels!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling with adult children

Sit at a penny slot in Vegas and you get to drink for free (of course, not completely since you have to tip the cocktail waitress).

ktown

Peoria, Arizona
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling with adult children

We too are trying to plan a vacation with our adult children, what time of year are you going? that may make a difference ie. hurricanes, weather etc...

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
478 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling with adult children

Hi all, i would reccomend Uganda with the white water rafting,bungee jumping,horse riding kayaking ,jet boats and quad biking in the Villages and on the nile.Do not for get gorilla trekking ,wild life and Chimpanzee trekking with Rhino walk.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling with adult children

ongadventure - With the cost of flights involved, Uganda is not really a budget destination from North America.

ktown

Christina Lake...
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traveling with adult children

Just a thought...we just returned from a beautiful holiday on Isla Mujeres. It was great for us (traveling on a budget) because it is near Cancun, so it is cheap to fly in to, and because the Island is so small and contained! It was great becuase I had my brother and sister in law there (mid 20's) and they could explore and go out on their own with out me needing to be worried about them...as I would've been in say cancun!!! There is a HUGE grocery store on the island, and its cheap. There are so many things to do for either free or nearly free, and you are able to do those things at any time as it is so safe there. Let me know if you are interested in more info. I highly reccomend it. It was a great holiday, and the price made it easy for us to relax and not stress

Get answers to your questions