We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alpha Flight Guru

Sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Alpha Flight Guru

Anyone heard or used this group for discounted business and/or first class travel? Are they legit?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
Level Contributor
69,691 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

Hi LuluHSydney;

I would suggest posting your question on the “Air Travel” forum as well.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Best Regards

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,581 posts
5,133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

Here is a particular post from the Air Travel Forum that you should spend some time digesting.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k4778522…

I didn't bother reading through all of this, its too long. But it might offer you help deciding if you want to work with this business or not.

chicago
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

I have used them and loved it. Booked business class to Asia and they saved me about $4000.00. Would use them again. They confirmed my booking before asking for my credit card.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

I have used them for business class from Sydney to Geneva with Etihad. They did everything right, saved me thousands of dollars and I will use them again

5. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, April 04, 2012
6. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:03 pm, February 01, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
26,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

>>Anyone heard or used this group for discounted business and/or first class travel? Are they legit?<<

No, their business model is not legit. It's based on trading in frequent flyer miles, which is against the terms and conditions of the airlines. If the airline(s) find out, they will cancel your ticket immediately, possibly leaving you stranded and with no recourse.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

I just used Alpha Flight Guru to buy business class tickets to Italy. Don't use them...really! First of all I worked with Tanya who spoke very poor English and was difficult to understand. Then it took weeks to get the schedule I wanted at the price I was promised (I started working with them in Jan. and flew in June). I won't go into laborious details, but it was one of the most frustrating experiences in my traveling career and I travel a lot. After we finally got the flights squared away I choose seats. Tanya totally messed that up well and it was as though she had never been on an airplane. She did not understanding my request to sit on the isle as far forward as possible. This is simple stuff. But the real clincher was when I was in Portland the night before my flight to JFK. I tried to print my round trip boarding passes. My flight had been cancelled! Imagine my surprise and frustration. I called the airlines and was told they had no contact information for me and had booked me on another flight that had left THE DAY BEFORE! They could do nothing to help me because I had booked through Cheap Tickets...what! I called Tanya and she had no idea about the cancellation, but after a stern conversation and a few threats she did re-book me on a different airlines at no extra cost. Apparently Alpha Flight Guru does buy through Cheap and who knows where else. It's true that you also don't get credit for frequent flyer miles through them either. I feel better already being able to tell my story and hopefully spare others from having a similar horrible experience. By the way, if you're flying business class to London or Paris, check out Open Skies. They fly out of Newark, are very reasonable and provide a first class experience in all respects.

Cynthia

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

I'm looking into using them. I know someone in Australia who used them and had no trouble. I bounced AFG until I knew what this person experienced. Don't worry Cynthia, I've paid full price and had a similar experience. My wife and I did a world trip in March/April and I had issues with the airlines. I have to say that I'm still skeptical but at least, if it screws up, I can afford it which most people can't. Expensive lesson though.

We have other considerations so we still may not use AFG.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

yes they are legit. I have used them. They can get you a flight at fantastic prices. They are professional and handle their customers with respect, and courtesy. I would definitely use them from now on. I do international flying and will definitely book with them,