We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groupon for travel deals

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Groupon for travel deals

Do any of you use groupon? They put one or a few deals up ever day - usually at 50% or better, and you have until the end of the day to buy into them or not.

While they are all kinds of things sold via groupon, I see a lot of spa deals, dining and drink deals and hotel savings in my local area.

It's something you have to look at every day - they will send you an email or you can go to their site at: http://www.groupon.com/ and generally the deals only are on sale for that one day.

They have a smartphone app, too - so you can check for deals on the go.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groupon for travel deals

I've used groupon with great success in the past. I've also used wagjag and restaurant.com as well to save money on travel related services such as food.

ktown

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groupon for travel deals

I've also gotten enough swagbucks to buy several travel books from amazon. I signed up and I get swagbucks occasionally and randomly for doing searches that I would have done anyway on my computer. Every time I reach 450 swagbucks, I order a $5 gift card for amazon

www.swagbucks.com

ktown

London
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Groupon for travel deals

I use http://www.thedailychic.com They show Groupon deals but also all the other sites that are similar and have amazing travel deals too. You only have to check once then. I have bought deals via them for a few sites and they have always proved to be good. Check them out today as they have some amazing short breaks in the UK on at the mo as well as deals abroad at massive discounts

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groupon for travel deals

Great site xavibelle! I'll be checking on there before my next trip to the UK.

ktown

Seattle
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Groupon for travel deals

I LOVE Groupon! Love them for deals at restaurants, spas, etc but for travel I've come across this new site Off & Away http://www.offandaway.com/. You can get deals of up to 99% off on packaged luxury hotel stays. My girlfriend recently won a stay at The Gramercy Park Hotel in New York for only $67/night and she had a great time!

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,877 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Groupon for travel deals

I just got ultra-upscale massage pkg in Bangkok for upcoming trip. I already use my local groupon for deals, but this one was right up my alley. Half day treatments/lunch for $50--more than half off! It was so much fun sharing w/my niece, who is traveling w/me--I got her to buy first and I got a discount off my pkg!

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Groupon for travel deals

I live in the UK but am going to the USA for a holiday.

Can I buy Groupon deals to use when I am there?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Groupon for travel deals

Josiem - Yes, you can. Just go to the appropriate page for the city/'state that you will be visiting, and check out what the deals for that location are. You can purchase the deal if you choose to with a credit card - just be aware that your credit card company MAY charge you 2-3% conversion fee since the purchase will be in U.S. dollars.

ktown

Lochgoilhead...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Groupon for travel deals

Hi

www.holibags.co.uk is a groupon style site but specific to the travel industry. Select you UK location and get sebt regular money saving deals.

Cheers

Stirlingshire
Level Contributor
164 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Groupon for travel deals

Trying to buy a groupon deal for a restaurant in san fran but when it comes to the billing details and address details from the uk it only allows you to put in a usa state, which stops the sale going through, anyone else had this problem.