We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

www.flightsandpackages.com - any good?

Chelmsford
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
www.flightsandpackages.com - any good?

Hi, have found the above website which is promising pretty amazing deals, albeit with the usual caveats that prices increase as soon as you don't fly from Luton, want transfers etc. I've never heard of this company so just wanted to know if anyone has use them and if so, what are your thoughts?

The company also trades as alphaflights.co.uk so if anyone has used them I'd be interested as well. I haven't used a website like this for ages (usually book hotel & flights seperately) but am doing a package deal so want everything taken care of when I book.

Any comments would be really helpful.

Thanks, KC

148 replies to this topic
Guernsey, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: www.flightsandpackages.com - any good?

I'm also looking to book with them and I see that your message was dated May 16 2010. Can you confirm if you decided to go with them?

Redcar
Level Contributor
4 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: www.flightsandpackages.com - any good?

Not happy with the service from these people.

Booked and paid over the phone on Saturday and have still not recieved a e mail confirmation.(Its now Thursday) Lots of telephone calls and pomises but still no confirmation.

Can not see what there problem is

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,638 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: www.flightsandpackages.com - any good?

Another post on this website: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293969-i367-k3495…

Guernsey, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: www.flightsandpackages.com - any good?

For about 2wks now i've had to phone these guys back because don't ring back, its costing me a fortune. I don't know if their understaffed or just badly run. Still feeling a bit paranoid about booking with them?

Redcar
Level Contributor
4 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: www.flightsandpackages.com - any good?

Yes I agree

Dont know if these are just inept or a scam

please I paid with Visa card

Guernsey, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: www.flightsandpackages.com - any good?

I'm just waiting for a reply from these guys, they are a travel watchdog site.

…companieshouse.gov.uk/35a97a6abfa85306f87fc…

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,292 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: www.flightsandpackages.com - any good?

The above link is to the Companies House in Cardiff - they hold details of all registered companies in the Uk but they are not a travel watchdog site.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: www.flightsandpackages.com - any good?

Chelsay - Seems obvious to me...people are complaining of issues with them. You've already received poor/no customer service. Why on earth would you go ahead and book with them now? If they won't help you before they have your money, why do you think they will after they have it?

ktown

london
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: www.flightsandpackages.com - any good?

I have booked and they are fine. Con firmation took about 5 days to come through, but thats not particularly unusual in high season. They have a freephone number on the website so it dosent cost anything to call them. No problems here.

brighouse
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: www.flightsandpackages.com - any good?

We too have just booked the Egypt trip with them and although it took over a week to get the paperwork through we have no reason to think that things won't go to plan. Hope I have not spoken too soon !!

Reply to: www.flightsandpackages.com - any good?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted