We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Jolly' rooms?

UK
2 posts
Save Topic
'Jolly' rooms?

While researching a holiday several reviews for what looks like a really good hotel have said to make sure we book a room in the main hotel and not one of the 'jolly rooms'. I have absolutely no idea what a jolly room is and dont want to make a really expensive mistake! Could someone explain?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'Jolly' rooms?

I have no idea. Why don't you contact the hotel and ask?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'Jolly' rooms?

What hotel are you talking about? Paste a link to the reviews, please.

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 'Jolly' rooms?

Would you believe that while trying to find the original review I actually managed to find an explaination of what a jolly room is? It appears to be something where you pay a greatly reduced rate but dont get to specify the type of room you get - one in the main body of the hotel, a studio in a block down the road or a superior room with all the trimmings. I have had a look around and I cant tell if its specific to this hotel or is a thing thats just done in Italy. Its the Alamanni hotel in Florence.

4. Re: 'Jolly' rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 14, 2010