We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Toronto to UK

Collingwood Ontario
6 posts
Flying from Toronto to UK

I am planning to fly to UK (Gatwick or Heathrow). Are there good last minute deals out there or is it cheaper to book much in advance. All fights seem to be around $900. I am going to be doing this about 3-4 times a year.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
Level Contributor
66,961 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: Flying from Toronto to UK

Hi Theresa0135;

I would suggest posting your question on the air travel forum as well.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ForumHome

You may want to read this current thread on the Toronto forum for some additional information;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155019-i55-k28921…

Best Regards

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Flying from Toronto to UK

hi Theresa, I too live in Collingwood. I am flying to Heathrow in September and the cheapest flight I could find that lined up with my connector flights was on Air India. Good luck. It's not cheap. Air transat is the cheapest if you can do their times and their tiny planes for that long of a flight.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
66 posts
3. Re: Flying from Toronto to UK

I would check the website for Canadian Affair. At the moment they have $49 - $99 flights. If you sign up they do send you email sales and sometimes they use other carriers But Thompson Airlines and Canadian Affair planes economy seats are slightly better than Air Transat but in Feb this year I paid the upgrade on Air Transat and got great service so it can be done economically if you get the sale. I would not bother upgrading if I got Thompson planes as they are comfortable and in a pinch sometimes for the price you can't beat it and take what you can get. If you can afford it get an upgrade if not oh well. Hope this helps.

4. Re: Flying from Toronto to UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 04, 2010
Get answers to your questions