We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My experience with 'zenhotels.com'

Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
My experience with 'zenhotels.com'

I haven't really seen any detailed reviews of zenhotels.com, so I wanted to share a bit I found about using them..

So about a month ago I booked a hotel through the site, to the La Tomatina festival in Spain. I ended up paying about 30% less on zenhotels for a hotel in Bunol than on other sites I looked at. I booked two rooms (travelling with friends) and this is where we had a bit of an issue - you can't book two rooms at once, you need to make two different reservations. So, I did that, got the vouchers, everything was fine, until I decided to check our reservation with the hotel directly...

I found some negative reviews so decided to check the bookings directly with the hotel. The manager confirmed one booking but couldn't see the second one. We contacted zenhotels customer care through Facebook and got told that our bookings were made through different providers, and this caused the problem. They said they would look into it for us, and confirm the booking again with the hotel.

So we were waiting four or five days for a definite answer, but the team kept us updated every day.

They did apologise for the delay and explained they were waiting for their partner's reply, but they finally got back to us to confirm both bookings, and they gave us a promo code for our next booking as an apology for the hassle.

All in, pros and cons:

+ pretty decent prices.

+ the support is great – the team are really friendly and helpful.

+ even small problems get sorted.

- you can't book two rooms at once.

- if your check-in is a few months away, the hotel might not be able to see your order in their system.

- sometimes you need to push a little to get answers in a hurry (same could be said about any company really though, I guess)

A few smalls cons, but nothing too major.

I'm going to give the hotel a call again closer to the date, just to double check everything and I'll update here.

40 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
28,293 posts
1. Re: My experience with 'zenhotels.com'

There are already hundreds of reviews and complaints on the forums about Zenhotels. You could have typed their name into the ‘Search All Forums for” search box on this forums homepage link below, browsed the search results and added onto one of those topics to keep all the information about them together:- https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

Hope it works out for you. Yes, do confirm with the hotel close to your arrival date.

3 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: My experience with 'zenhotels.com'

I had the similar experience with them and the hotel found my reservation several days after my request to check it.

Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: My experience with 'zenhotels.com'

Quick update; I've just called the hotel, and they've confirmed all is good.

The only thing, is they see one standard and a superior room.

Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: My experience with 'zenhotels.com'

I forgot to mention, I booked two standard! 😁

3 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: My experience with 'zenhotels.com'

Thats strange, wont they ask you to pay extra for it?

Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: My experience with 'zenhotels.com'

I'm guessing not, since I got an email from the hotel saying that the reservation is already fully paid.

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: My experience with 'zenhotels.com'

I never had a chance to contact any booking company (and I usually use Amoma, booking.com, Expedia... and yes, I’ve even used Zenhotels, because surprisingly they had the best rate). In my experience, services like this have usually worked fine, and your case is probably not the everyday user experience, AFAIK. Anyway, it’s cool that your story ended well! Thanks for sharing it.

Level Contributor
26 posts
8. Re: My experience with 'zenhotels.com'

Dear forum members, My name is Anna, I am a representative of Zenhotels.

If you have any questions about existing bookings, please send me the reservation number in a private message and I will do my best to sort out the situation as quickly as possible.

We really appreciate your feedback.

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: My experience with 'zenhotels.com'

Got it, please see the private message that I’ve sent. It’s about the taxes in Abu Dhabi.

2 posts
10. Re: My experience with 'zenhotels.com'

Just came back from Paris and writing this review. I booked a hotel room from Zenhotels almost two a half month before my trip to France. The reason for booking from Zen was their striking deals and best price compared to other companies. I booked my room for 5 nights. Before travelling I was double checking everything and found out that the room I booked is a single bed room not a family room. I was travelling with my wife and two years old son so It was very shocking to know that my booking is wrong.

I called hotel and they said I need to modify my booking and have to pay extra. I contacted Zenhotels and they revealed that it was my mistake when I was booking I selected single bed coloumn in haste. They found me very disappointed and sad when I found my small mistake in booking. But they agreed to modify my booking without any charge considering me their first customer.

On arrival at hotel, they told me everything has been paid and booking had been modified. I was so impressed by the timely action my Zenhotels and helping me.

I found them very helpful and unlike other big companies who take 24 hours to reply Zenhotels always replied me promptly within 30min. I strongly recommend to book from Zenhotles. They are good in customer care and customer friendly. I found them very trustworthy and helpful. I would definitely book in future as well from them.

Reply to: My experience with 'zenhotels.com'
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted