We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildlife- commercial vs. Conservation

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Wildlife- commercial vs. Conservation

Hi, for my trip to southern africa from australia later this year (through k.l), i was wanting to visit the lion/elephant/monkey 'sanctuaries' to get up close and personal with the animals like they advertise/offer but in my research have discoved that there places run for the tourism Not genuine conservation (not natural for Wild animals to be handreared and treated as pets)... Does anyone know of places in k.l., vic falls or cape town who Really Care about them?!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,651 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildlife- commercial vs. Conservation

Welcome to TripAdvisor, letti11;

This forum is about assisting charitable causes and volunteering, while travelling.

As a new user of TripAdvisor, I would suggest before posting on any forum to read the "sticky" at the top of the forum’s page, if there is one. The sticky will explain the focus / purpose of the forum and other important details. As an example, the sticky on this forum is;

“Notice about the Charity Forum” with a push-pin icon beside it.

For a query such as yours, I would suggest posting on the "Ecotourism" forum, which is here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12291-Ecotouris…

You can delete your own post by clicking on the "Report inappropriate content" button within your post and then select "Remove my post" from the pull down menu.

Best Regards

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildlife- commercial vs. Conservation

thank you for your advice, i guess i was just wanting to know what Animal/wilflife charity causes are Worthy of volunteering at or visiting on my travels.. good marketing makes it hard know.

Edited: 11:52 pm, June 08, 2011
3. Re: Wildlife- commercial vs. Conservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, June 15, 2011
Paris, France
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wildlife- commercial vs. Conservation

People should double their efforts on taking care with our wildlife. They're getting extinct by the day. At all cost, people should really conserve and preserve what's left of nature.

Funafuti, Tuvalu
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Wildlife- commercial vs. Conservation

hi, i wonder if there's Seaweeds and corals i can find there, and also i want to buy some Seaweeds and corals , i have a big glass jar and and my friends send me a led aquarium light to me last month, so i looking forward to this journey there. i want to know whether i can bring some Seaweeds and corals back and keep it myself and i also welcome the growing advices of corals. hoping you help............. thank you!!!!!!!!!!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,651 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wildlife- commercial vs. Conservation

Welcome to TripAdvisor, cidly53;

It is impolite to the members who have participated in a thread to change its topic. It is commonly known as "High-Jacking" a thread. Proper forum netiquette would be to post your question by starting your own topic so as not to confuse the replies to the original poster.

However, this forum is about assisting charitable causes and volunteering while travelling.

I would suggest before posting on any forum to read the "sticky" at the top of the forum’s page, if there is one. The sticky will explain the focus / purpose of the forum and other important details. As an example, the sticky on this forum is;

“Notice about the Charity Forum” with a push-pin icon beside it.

For questions about travelling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums, which you can browse or search for, starting here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ForumHome

Best Regards

7. Re: Wildlife- commercial vs. Conservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, April 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions