We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volunteering abroad for minors

Chicago
3 posts
Save Topic
Volunteering abroad for minors

I'm seventeen and I want to spend about a month of my summer volunteering abroad. One of the companies that I'm most interested in is Projects Abroad. Specifically their programs in Nepal, Ethiopia, and Mongolia. Has anyone traveled with them before? Are they a good company. Are there any other companies out there that have similar programs?

Bungoma, Kenya
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volunteering abroad for minors

I wonder what the legal situation is in USA? We have a volunteer programme in Kenya and have been told we are not allowed to have volunteers from UK who are under 18. The only exception is if they come with a parent.

Kovalam, India
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Volunteering abroad for minors

Hi

Best wait til you are 18.

Regards

Paul

3. Re: Volunteering abroad for minors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 11, 2010
Get answers to your questions