We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My review was posted and then disappeared! Why?

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
158 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
My review was posted and then disappeared! Why?

One of my reviews (Enalion restaurant, Milos) was posted a few days ago, even got helpful votes, then disappeared entirely! And from my list of reviews! What happened?

I read the top questions on the right (no 6) and tried to figure it out, but it said I had to tick the review with the problem and it wasn't listed there either like I never wrote it.

I tried to contact a TA staff with no success. I wrote the question, then got an automatic response irrelevant to the problem.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,219 posts
1,742 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My review was posted and then disappeared! Why?

You were almost there. On that drop-down list, where you can ask a question about a Review, at the very bottom, the last option is "not listed," to question a Review, that is not showing.

Good luck, and hope the TA staff can give you an answer.

Hunt

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,278 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My review was posted and then disappeared! Why?

Hi

You can ask TA staff directly via the Help Centre. There is a link at the bottom of each page but this link will give you a head start:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/GeneralSupport

Click on 'My User Account' > 'Reviews' > 'Status of My Review@ then give the required information and explain t he issue in the comments box. TA staff will reply be email in a few days.

You could also copy the review here if you have a copy and experienced members may spot a guideline violation.

scoodly

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,216 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My review was posted and then disappeared! Why?

The most likely reason for reviews being removed after publication is because someone reported it as inappropriate and TripAdvisor agreed that it violated guidelines after giving it a more thorough evaluation.

You can go ahead and ask about the status using scoodly's instructions, but I'm mentioning the guidelines in case you realize "Hmmm... that probably did violate guidelines".

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
158 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My review was posted and then disappeared! Why?

Thank you for your replies!

No, it didn't violate guidelines Christnp2. Actually there is another review for that restaurant with more or less the same content (same experience different dates) and it wasn't removed!

I'm very curious for their answer.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,082 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My review was posted and then disappeared! Why?

There is one more step to take using the instructions in post 2. After "Status of my review" there is a third drop down. In that drop down, you need to scroll through all 122 of your reviews. "Not listed" will be #123.

It may be that you failed to reply to a request to verify that you wrote the review. Check your spam folder to see if the request is there.

Portugal
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My review was posted and then disappeared! Why?

I posted a review about stocks restaurant, Sark. It was a factual review regarding an unsatisfactory lunch visit. Ie: an over toasted dry club sandwich which wasn't filled anywhere near the crusts accompanied by chips which had been cooked too fast and the potato was uncooked in the centre. When I was notified by trip advisor that it was posted I received a very rude reply from the manager implying that I was lying and that I was probably eating outside my normal comfort zone and over my normal cost! My query is how to access his response? Obviously he reckoned that as my profile shows I am from Portugal I am unimportant! Actually I am from much nearer his home! He took down his response within 24 hours, before I could screenshot it! I would like to be able to read it again so that I am accurate in my response to him😡 The prices were clearly in the menu at £10.95 for a sandwich. We also had lemonade shandy drinks. The total was £30. We are very happy to pay a fair price for good meals, this was neither. I know all has to be imported to islands, I live on one!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,788 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My review was posted and then disappeared! Why?

Hi discerningdiner1st;

It is impolite to the members who have participated in a thread to change its topic, as it makes the replies for the original topic hard to follow. Proper forum netiquette would be to post your question by starting your own topic so as not to confuse the replies to the original poster, who sometimes has also opted to receive email notifications when replies are posted to "their" topic.

Please go back to this forum’s main page where you found this topic and click on the orange "Ask a question" button. You can then post your own question, and receive replies to it.

Best Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,082 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My review was posted and then disappeared! Why?

Discerning ~

You cannot reply to a Management Response. You get a voice in your review, the manager gets a voice in his/her reply. I expect that if the management response was as rude as you say, it very likely violated a MR posting guideline, was reported, then removed by TA Staff. The management can write another response if s/he wishes.

Another time you have a concern, please start a new question rather than find a topic that seems to suit your concern and add to that. More than one concern in one thread can get confusing.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
158 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My review was posted and then disappeared! Why?

In the meantime, I haven't received any reply through mail yet from TA support! They said 5 days I think, so it might take longer. My email address changed and I wrote the correct one in the message, hopefully, I'll know what happened to my lost review sometime soon! :)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,082 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My review was posted and then disappeared! Why?

Sunray ~

It's only been 48 hours! and a weekend to boot.