We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bannishment from forum

Perth, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
bannishment from forum

back in Jan & Feb this year i started planning a trip to Vietnam, to do this I looked at "passenger 61" web site where I only found train timetables, i needed bus timetables,some how a mediator on Virtualtourist has felt I was trying to advertise "my bussiness" (passenger61) and has decided to ban me from using the site, I have been in contact with Barbara Vermillion, who, it seems, has seen fit not to reply to me attempts to sort this out, Up until this point I was a member of that forum,but had ongoing difficulty logging on even though my password is easy for me to remember, What I am asking is can somebody sort this mess out, the only thing that could be miss construed as advertising is when I tried to write a revue for a home stay in Hoi an, I wasn't logged on so was unable to lodge it on Tripadvisor/ reviews,Thank you in advance, Mark Stutley

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,983 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bannishment from forum

Hi Mark;

While TripAdvisor's parent company "TripAdvisor Media Network" owns both TripAdvisor & Virtualtourist, they are operated as two separate companies. You will need to contact Virtualtourist with your concerns.

As your post has nothing to do with TA, you may soon find your post here, removed.

Best Regards

Perth, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bannishment from forum

yes all very good but how do I do this when they won't review my situation?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,843 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bannishment from forum

why should the post be removed ?.The OP is trying to get help through TA for a problem relating to a TA connected company, they can't get access to the Virtual Tourist site so have come here for help.

sorry I can't help but hopefully someone may be able to do so.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,334 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bannishment from forum

I'm guessing you tried to contact Virtual Tourist using the info on their 'contact us' page: virtualtourist.com/press-center/contact-us There is also a snail mail address listed on that page. Perhaps someone from TA can step in and make contact on your behalf.

Please note: none of the members who have replied here are TripAdvisor employees - we're just members like you who volunteer our time to answer travel questions.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,674 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bannishment from forum

So, let's see if I understand the problem.

You posted on VirtualTourist? And in asking for bus schedules, you posted about Passenger 61? (Do you mean Man in Seat Sixty-One?) Did you post the link to that website? Did you post links to other websites?

Man in Seat 61 is a very well known poster on the forums. No one would mistake you as the "owner" of that website. Something else must have happened for you to be banned. I would think both TA and Virtual Tourist will have very good detecting skills for checking out posters' IP addresses when they post.

Anyway, sodomojo has provided you with an email address that you can use to try to send an email to VT. Give it a try. Cap in hand, methinks.

6. Re: bannishment from forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 24, 2015
Get answers to your questions