We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My review was taken down too

Stornoway, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
My review was taken down too

I had left a review for a restaurant ( bangla spice stornoway) but it was taken down after being posted and I even followed trip advisor regulations plus clicked on their confirmation email...

Someone tell me what's going on.....trip advisor seems like a waste of time...I have even emailed trip advisor support twice but had no reply

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,532 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My review was taken down too

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Dave;

>>"I had left a review for a restaurant ( bangla spice stornoway) but it was taken down after being posted..."<<

Most times when a review is posted and then removed, the user has failed to respond to a verification email. TA sends an email for you to confirm your review in an effort to reduce fraudulent postings.

>>"and I even followed trip advisor regulations plus clicked on their confirmation email"<<

If you didn't click the link in the email, within the allotted time frame, the review would have been deleted.

>>"Someone tell me what's going on"<<

For an exact answer, you will need to contact TA staff.

>>"I have even emailed trip advisor support twice but had no reply"<<

Did you use this web form ?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Click on "status of my review", then select "Not listed".

TA staff will reply, by email, in 5-7 business days.

Best Regards

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,021 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My review was taken down too

Also note that it's fairly common for a TA member to violate the guidelines without knowing. If you saved the text of your review & can share it, members here on this forum will check it to see if it follows the guidelines.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My review was taken down too

I thought that TripAdvisor asked for the occasional confirmation before a review was posted, not after. Perhaps my experience is unique, but my emails say, "If you do not click on this link before Apr 19, 2014 [or whatever date] your review will not be posted.

I have received vague, unhelpful replies from TripAdvisor to my requests for information about review removals. I believe they thought fraud was involved in one of them for whatever reason. My closest connection with people in the hospitality industry is knowing the names of a couple of restauranteurs.

Dave M, you can submit another review for your visit, if you care to do so. Be sure that it reads like a first hand experience and has evidence that it is the correct restaurant. If a negative review, be sure you do not break any guidelines, an internet savvy proprietor will have it removed on a technicality. …tripadvisor.com/sections/200154957-Writing-…

Edited: 2:24 pm, April 20, 2014
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,888 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My review was taken down too

I see you are brand new here, Dave M, welcome!

To be clear, your review was posted? You saw it?

In that case, it was probably marked as having a "problem". Any member can report any review as being against the guidelines, or in the wrong location, or being otherwise suspicious.

One of the most common problems is writing in "3rd person" - not including enough personal references to what you yourself ate or experienced. You also need to avoid "2nd hand information" such as saying... "the people next to us said last week's server was much better". That's considered 'hearsay' by TA guidelines.

Edited: 5:23 pm, April 20, 2014
Stornoway, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: My review was taken down too

hello and thank you all for your help,

i saw my review for about 3 days. i clicked the confirmation within the time frame. was my first reveiw , now feel like i wasted my time.

Stornoway, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: My review was taken down too

i have emailed trip ad visor, just waiting for their reply.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My review was taken down too

Did you see the review on the property site, or on your list of reviews (with a "Pending" next to it)?

Stornoway, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: My review was taken down too

Yes it had been published....there was no pending sign on it....

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,086 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My review was taken down too

TA will not respond to your message.

It was probably not meeting the guidelines. That is practically the main reason for taking down a review. Probably after some members flagged it.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,532 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My review was taken down too

>>"TA will not respond to your message."<<

Hi Pierre;

That's not correct. If the OP used the link provided in reply #1, he will get an emailed reply.

Best Regards