We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone have any experience of hotel booking on Agoda?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
3 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone have any experience of hotel booking on Agoda?

Does anyone have any experience, either positive or negative, of having booked rooms on the Agoda dot com site? When I follow the Trip Advisor link sent to me to this site to book a hotel I'm interested in, the price invariably changes to a more expensive rate.

This has happened now over the period of a week, the offer price is first advertised and when on the site to book the message is "Sorry someone else just booked that room!". Then the same offer rate price appears on the Agoda site again over the next few days as being available -

What do TripAdvisors say? What experience have Travellers had with this site?

Thanx!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
24,764 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone have any experience of hotel booking on Agoda?

Hello,

Agoda has been discussed both positively and negatively here on Tripadvisor many, many times. Just type Agoda into the search box just above your original question and a lot of forum threads will be displayed for you to read.

Edited: 4:34 pm, April 08, 2014
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
3 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone have any experience of hotel booking on Agoda?

Thanks for your help, Avanti50! :-)

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,412 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone have any experience of hotel booking on Agoda?

Hi Patricia;

FYI...This forum, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum, is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself.

Best Regards

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone have any experience of hotel booking on Agoda?

Hi Patricia,

Agoda is one of our booking partners. For your dates and hotel, the prices on their site should match ours. If you click the Agoda link for a hotel on our site and the prices on their site is higher (or they are showing no availability), we'll investigate. Can you post the dates you are searching and the hotel or hotels you noticed this happening? We'll take a look. Thanks!

Jeanine

USA
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone have any experience of hotel booking on Agoda?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d193121…

Everyone advertises the Milestone at £1685 except Agoda* at £375. How far into the booking do you have to go before the price rises? The stated 20% tax brings it up to £450. I bailed on the dummy booking when the form needed my name, email, etc. Anyone want to book a bargain London room tonight? "Don’t miss out! There are only 2 rooms left at this price!"

Edited: 10:16 am, April 10, 2014
6. Re: Does anyone have any experience of hotel booking on Agoda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 12, 2015