We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

Rugeley, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
346 reviews
Save Topic
Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

On a recent trip to Llanrech vineyard in Hensol I had a not so good experience to which I did a negative review the problem was resolved and I have requested numerous times to have the review removed . The web site is terrible it does not adhere to a request also very difficult to navigate I'm totally dissatisfied with TA in fact I want to shut my account

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

Well your review was only posted 3 days ago - you have to give them a chance to remove it. It will not be instant.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

In addition, if you remove your review after the event just because the situation has been rectified by the owner then it defeats the object of having reviews. As the guidelines state, they should be a true reflection of your experience at the time.

There is, however, nothing wrong in submitting another review after the acceptable time period stating that the owner made good etc etc....

However, if you still want to close your account then the link to do so (from the Help Center) is here: …tripadvisor.co.uk/articles/200615117-How-do…

Edited: 2:23 pm, March 17, 2014
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,782 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

"There is, however, nothing wrong in submitting another review after the acceptable time period stating that the owner made good etc etc...."

FYI, a second review for the same business can only be submitted for a * different * customer experience, not the same, regardless of the time period restriction.

Silvia

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

>> There is, however, nothing wrong in submitting another review after the acceptable time period stating that the owner made good etc etc.... <<

I'm guessing that MKB meant to suggest you can request to have your review removed (via the Help Center), then resubmit a revised review stating that the problem(s) has been resolved to your satisfaction. From the 'Help Center:' …tripadvisor.com/articles/200614847-Can-I-ed… Make contact with TA review staff here: www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport?cat=40 Then select:

--> Reviews

--> Remove my review

Then select which review from the drop-down list.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
45,851 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

Sue, it's a shame that you feel you want to leave TA because of this issue. I see you have submitted quite a few reviews, which will have helped many people. I hope you change your mind, but it is your decision.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

Sue,

Is there anything about your account that isn't factual?

You have two options - removing it and reposting an updated version, which would help anyone else visiting the restaurant, or you can delete it and leave TA, in which case nobody will be any the wiser.

TA does take a while to remove reviews - I can't remember - did you have to give a reason why you want your review removed? if so, I hope you said that it was so you could update it.....

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

I understand your feelings, sue j. http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

From the drop down menus select:

"Sign in & Registration"

"I need help closing my account"

Tell them to close your account in the comment box.

I do not know why requests to remove a review or close an account are not immediate. Rumor has it that you must log out of TripAdvisor and not log back on after making the account closure request.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,768 posts
1,036 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

Why close your whole account? You have 71 reviews and have been a member for 2½ years. You should know by now that sometimes TA is not lightning fast responding to requests.

What is the big hurry to remove that review *this instant*? Why are you so upset? Why make *numerous* requests in such a short time period?

Which address did you use to request that your review be removed?

I have to wonder if you made an agreement with the property owner to remove your review immediately and are getting some compensation?

9. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, March 17, 2014
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Totally fed up with trip advisor I want to shut down my acco

Deleted

Edited: 7:47 pm, March 17, 2014