We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where are my reviews?

Chabris, France
Level Contributor
16 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Where are my reviews?

I am thought of as a Senior Contributor and I try to be very careful indeed to stick to review guidelines, but I am finding that my reviews just disappear or are not published.

On the 15th Feb for instance, I took time and trouble to review Le Lion d'Or and Auberge Saint Fiacre restaurants, both of which I had recently visited. The reviews appear on my Facebook page but not on TripAdvisor.

This is not the first time: I have 75 contributions but only 22 reviews; many of those contributions should actually be reviews.

What on earth is going on? Does someone at Trip Advisor not like me? I am not sure I will continue reviewing if all I do is waste my time watching my efforts disappear into the ether.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
67,210 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where are my reviews?

Feb 15 is only 11 days ago. The usual wait time is two weeks.

If you are not replying to confirmation messages from TA, your reviews won't be published. If the "attraction" makes substantial changes, old reviews are removed. And there are more possibilities. Check out the Support Forum for more ideas (Top Questions on the right) tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

If you have a review that has been pending for more than two weeks or if one is missing, ask TA_Staff to look into it.

www.TripAdvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
468 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where are my reviews?

I wonder if you're getting reviews and ratings confused? I see you have a recent rating for Le Lion.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,412 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where are my reviews?

Hi UkHostLand;

>>"I have 75 contributions but only 22 reviews; many of those contributions should actually be reviews."<<

A quick look at your public profile shows;

Reviews (22)

Ratings (23)

Photos (17)

Forums (14)

=========

Total of 76 contributions

I too believe you are confusing rating a property and reviewing a property.

Best Regards

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,466 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where are my reviews?

Or maybe not. He's saying the reviews appear on Facebook but not in his Contributions. It may be that they got posted to Facebook while pending (I think but not 100% sure this is how it goes) but were actually never published on TA.

Silvia

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
9,055 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where are my reviews?

Or perhaps the TA/Facebook "interface" is counting ratings as reviews?

Don't have any idea of the Facebook side of this (as I don't link the two), but the 76 contributions noted above sure seems pretty dang close to what the OP expected.

hlo

Chabris, France
Level Contributor
16 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where are my reviews?

The recent rating for the Lion D'Or was done by me because the review never appeared. I hated the idea that a restaurant which gave me one of my best meals ever and has been around for decades, has only 4 reviews, all of them bad.

Some of my ratings are exactly that.... I started doing ratings because my reviews were often not published and I did not want to waste time writing if it was not going to be used. I realise in the past I have made content errors which TA do not approve of so I have become much more careful.

Other ratings on my profile seem to be created from my reviews by TA themselves.

My own opinion is that, if there is automatic software at work, TA have accepted the fact that in a percentage of cases the review will be wrongly prevented from being published. In their view the upset this causes is counter-balanced by a huge saving in work for physical staff. I also wonder if they blacklist contributors who they believe are continually sending in faulty reviews and if I am on such a list.

I think they could loose a lot of friends this way, as comments on this board and elsewhere suggest. It's all a bit disappointing.

7. Re: Where are my reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 01, 2015