We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problem listing my resort

Pattaya, Thailand
5 posts
Save Topic
Problem listing my resort

Hello,

Hi,

I tried to list my resort and was notified that I couldn't place it in the hotel section as it didn't meet your requirements.

I originally tried to list my resort under the B&B section. But, on your get listed page (http://www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedNew) where it tells you to list your property in the 'B&B Tab', there is no 'B&B Tab'?

Could you please therefore advise on how to list my business in the relevant B&B section, or could you move my original application to your B&B section.

Thanking you in advance,

Jay Simone

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,342 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problem listing my resort

When you click through the hotels button, you will be taken to a template to fill out. The way you answer the questions down the page will let TA determine what category you are. If your answers meet the criteria for a B&B, TA will then put you in the B&B category.

Pattaya, Thailand
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Problem listing my resort

Thank you,

I did that the first time and was told to resubmit here:

www.tripadvisor.com/ListingRequest…

This link doesn't work either? I was directed to a 'Write a Review' Page?

I have re-submitted as you suggested above and I own a boutique resort and fully meet your requirements for a B&B listing? So can I now please be listed per your conditions?

Thank you,

Jay Simone

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,342 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problem listing my resort

Hi Jay ~

I must correct your thinking that this forum goes to a TA Office and TA Staff. Support Forum is an open to the public forum, as almost all forums are on TA. So the people who post here are regular members.

The link in your Original Post is for business owners. The link in your second post is for regular posters to submit a request for a listing.

Here is some more information for your benefit:

help.tripadvisor.com/articles/200614457

I know the process for me to request a hotel or restaurant get listed can take 4-6 weeks. I don't know if the time period is the same for owners when they submit a request for their own property. So if you don't hear from TA with your recent request for a listing, be patient. Check for your listing from time to time to see if it has been listed without TA notifying you. If you wait a long time, post back for further help.

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Problem listing my resort

Can you give us more information about your "resort?" Maybe a link to your own website?

TripAdvisor may have rejected your listing request because they think you are Vacation Rentals rather than a Hotel, B&B, Inn, or "Specialty Lodging." So you need to make sure it is clear on your website that you have staff on site everyday (if you do), that you clean the rooms/units everyday (if you do), etc...

Vacation Rentals have to sign up to advertise with FlipKey.com or HolidayLettings.com in order to get listed on TA.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,208 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Problem listing my resort

Hi there,

The correct form for owners to request a listing in on this page:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedNew

It requires more information than the form you posted a link to and which is just for the general membership.

Read the listing requirement in the page above carefully. If you qualify for a listing, then click on Hotels to get to the listing page for all accommodations.

Silvia

Pattaya, Thailand
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Problem listing my resort

Hi again,

Thanks for the feedback, resubmitted my resort and still no joy!

Really can't understand how we don't qualify as even a B&B, as we meet all the requirements listed below. The most confusing aspect is they tell you to click on the “B&B/Inns” tab, and there isn't one, no “Specialty Lodging” tab, either, only a hotels tab? And we don't qualify as we don't have a manned reception 24/7.

We are a boutique resort in Pattaya, Thailand. We have five individual cottages, a bar, restaurant facility, a fitness suite, a pool and 4,500 sq meters of landscaped gardens, on site staff and daily maid service. What else do you need?

My website is: the-tropical-retreat.com

Instructions from the get listed page:

To be in the “Hotels” tab, the accommodation must offer all four of the following features:

A front desk opened and staffed 24/7.

Daily housekeeping included in the room rate.

Private bathroom for each unit.

If there is a minimum-stay requirement, it must be no more than 3 nights.

To be in the “B&B/Inns” tab, the accommodation must have:

Onsite staff daily.

Daily housekeeping included in the room rate.

To be in the “Specialty Lodging” tab, the accommodation must have:

Onsite staff daily.

Other accommodation types:

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,208 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Problem listing my resort

I would dare say that you don't qualify for a listing because your daily rates don't specify what they include nor if there is a minimum required stay.

Your only description is for monthly rentals:

the-tropical-retreat.com/rates-packages

Silvia

Pattaya, Thailand
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Problem listing my resort

Thanks Silvia,

Not sure how you could possibly miss the Day Rates, as they are there on the right of the page at the top, but if you look again you'll find the following:

The Tropical Retreat - Day Rates

High season - 1st December - 30th April

Standard Cottage - 2,000 Baht Per Night

Deluxe Cottage - 2,500 Baht Per Night

Low season - 1st May - 30th November

Standard Cottage - 1,500 Baht Per Night

Deluxe Cottage - 2,000 Baht Per Night

We also have 1 very nice cottage without a pool view, this cottage can be rented all year round for 1,200 Baht Per Night

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Problem listing my resort

We can see the day rates, but you missed Silvia's point.

What services are included for those prices? Bedding Change, Fresh Towels, Room Cleaning? Every Day or no? You don't say, and we (and TA) don't want to make assumptions.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
48,073 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Problem listing my resort

Jay, I can't work out whether you are a hotel, B&B or vacation rental, so I wouldn't be surprised if TA were also having difficulty!

It's a nice website, but it doesn't appear obvious what category of accommodation you fall into, I suspect that you are trying to cover every angle, which may well be contributing to the confusion.