We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you delete a review?

Oroville, California
Level Contributor
794 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
How do you delete a review?

I wrote a review about my friend's restaraunt, and he's a little angry at me, because I mentioned their dirty dishes. I know there is no way to edit it, so how do I delete this thing?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,352 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you delete a review?

www.TripAdvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

If your review is an accurate description of your visit, I think it should remain. But of course it's your choice.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you delete a review?

Well, if the dishes were dirty, they were dirty...

If you do choose to delete it and re-write it, I'm also not sure you're explicitly allowed to state that you're a friend of an employee. Guidelines state "No reviews written by...anyone associated with/related to employees of the property". This in theory could be interpreted as bias (although clearly not in your case!).

Oroville, California
Level Contributor
794 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you delete a review?

Oh really? I didn't know that. I'm always honest. lol Yeah, my friend washes dishes there, that's why he is angry. LOL

Maybe it's better they delete it, because it sounds like I violated the guidelines. I stated that my friend works there.

I agree, I told him that. It's not my fault the dishes were dirty. I'm not gonna lie and say they were clean, when they were not. No biased here. I am always honest. lol It's not my fault he didn't do his job.

I emailed the staff to delete it. Are they supposed to send me an e-mail or something? 'Cuz IDK if it went through or not.

Edited: 6:40 pm, January 06, 2014
Urbana, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you delete a review?

they made this difficult to maintain. I gave a review for a restaurant that is new. It changed the name to the old restaurant that was there, but also says its closed. I cant email anyone or delete it!!!!! Getting po-ed.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,021 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you delete a review?

Hi Tamdidia;

See reply #1 to have your review deleted.

Best Regards

6. Re: How do you delete a review?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 08, 2015