We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Toolbar Is Missing Something

Snydersville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Toolbar Is Missing Something

TripAdvisor's toolbar list: Hotels-Flights-Vacation Rentals-Restaurants. Where is the Bed & Breakfast category? B&B's are very different than Hotels therefore should be treated as such and have its own heading on the toolbar. People looking for this type of lodging may pass up using TripAdvisor thinking they do not list or review B&B's. Having a B&B category in the toolbar will draw the eyes of travelers who are set on finding the best Bed & Breakfast they can for their stay.

Thank you,

Denise, Snydersville Pennsylvania

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
57,495 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Toolbar Is Missing Something

Hi

When you click on Hotels the page it takes you to does have B&B and Inns listed as a separate category

Snydersville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Toolbar Is Missing Something

Hi Flip, did as you said, I clicked on Hotels. It brought me to a page that says "Hotels and Motels-Find hotels travelers trust-Find hotels". Had pictures of hotels from all over the country. I understand when you put in a destination city it list B&B. What I'm trying to say is, TripAdvisor should list B&B, now come to think of it Inns, separately. Not lump them under Hotels. In my humble opinion, a traveler looking for a specific type of lodging should be able to click on that particular category, be brought to a page that shows pictures of those establishments from all over the country. At that time the traveler can put in their destination city and choose accordingly. Just a suggestion.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
49,029 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: Toolbar Is Missing Something

You're not looking on this forum are you? You need to be in a specific Destination Forum for the accommodation (Hotels) listings there. A country forum isn't set up to work this way. And the US doesn't have a Country Forum.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g154943-Vancouver_Bri…

The above link opens to the page for Vancouver hotels. I clicked on the Hotels button in the green menu bar and the page opens to the view you see. There are tabs for many types of accommodation.

If the city you are looking at is too small, the B&Bs may be listed below the hotels.

Edited: 8:13 pm, September 07, 2013
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
37,569 posts
207 reviews
4. Re: Toolbar Is Missing Something

"be brought to a page that shows pictures of those establishments from all over the country"

Why? How many people travel to every city in a country or dont know where they are going and pick a city from a countrywide hotel or B&B list? Listing by cities makes a lot more sense to me.

But you are right. The search box n this forum reads "hotels and motels". It must be very old. Hotels is the labe used almost everywhere on TripAdvisor to indicate Accommodations.

Silvia

5. Re: Toolbar Is Missing Something

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 09, 2014