We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Save Posts" option?

BURLINGTON
Level Contributor
785 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
"Save Posts" option?

Is there any way you can now save a post to your "trips" folders? I found this feature very useful for keeping posts that I wanted to reread when planning a trip. With the new format I don't see this option anymore - am I missing something?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,775 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Save Posts" option?

The save feature is still there if you click on the title of the post in question or hover near it and the icon will pop up

It is just a poorly thought out feature

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Save Posts" option?

Thanks flipflop, I never would have known to do that.

How did you ever figure it out?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,775 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Save Posts" option?

I just noticed it when I was scrolling down the threads within them when this new format came out and spotted the icon flashing on and off

I am sure if things are left as they are we will get loads of posts similar to yours over the coming months

Edited: 7:31 pm, March 13, 2013
Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Save Posts" option?

looks like they improved that already, you just have to make mouse contact with the post and it shows.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Save Posts" option?

I use an iPad most of the time and so there is no mouse. You really have to put your finger over the topic and wait a little while before "save" appears. Thanks again for the info.

BURLINGTON
Level Contributor
785 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Save Posts" option?

Thanks flipflop_man - I just tried your suggestion and it worked! Not being technically bright I would never have figured it out!

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
7. Re: "Save Posts" option?

Hi TexasCowgirl,

It looks like on the iPad mobile browser, you can tap an individual post to bring up the "Save this Post" button.

Jeanine

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Save Posts" option?

Thanks Jeanine. It worked great.

Seattle area
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Save Posts" option?

Thanks for posting the way to find saved posts. This is a very useful feature, and I too, had no idea how to find my saved posts...also a wonderful way to armchair travel before the next trip!

10. Re: "Save Posts" option?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 17, 2014