We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why Must We Wait 30 Days to Post Another Review?

Monroeville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Why Must We Wait 30 Days to Post Another Review?

I posted a review for a restaurant last month, then I visited that same facility this month, within 30 days, and TripAdvisor will not allow me to write a review within 30 days, why?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Why Must We Wait 30 Days to Post Another Review?

The reviews are the basis for the various rating systems in place. If you could place reviews any time you wanted to, you would have undue influence over the ratings. As is works, older reviews count less than the newer reviews. So the wait time helps keep it fair.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
24,913 posts
77 reviews
2. Re: Why Must We Wait 30 Days to Post Another Review?

Allowing one review per 30 days is extremely reasonable. There has to be some kind of limit. Otherwise, some people would post new reviews of the same business on a weekly, daily, or even hourly basis.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
7,779 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Why Must We Wait 30 Days to Post Another Review?

Especially if they received some form of compensation for reviews.

hlo

Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
40,112 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Why Must We Wait 30 Days to Post Another Review?

teehee, huntlawoffice

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,033 posts
119 reviews
5. Re: Why Must We Wait 30 Days to Post Another Review?

Can any of you knowledgeable people tell me the reasoning behind why you have to wait 30 day before re-reviewing a restaurant but 3 months for a bar.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
24,913 posts
77 reviews
6. Re: Why Must We Wait 30 Days to Post Another Review?

Probably overlooked when they grouped bars in with attractions.

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1539

In my destination, there are no bars that aren't also restaurants, so it couldn't happen to begin with.

Edited: 2:44 pm, February 12, 2013
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,655 posts
1,027 reviews
7. Re: Why Must We Wait 30 Days to Post Another Review?

Yep, bars are attractions. Go figure, but that's the way it is ;-)

Fred D, if TA did not have a restriction on how frequently a member could submit a review, then some members could submit reviews on a daily basis for the same restaurant, over and over. It would not take long before the rankings would go completely crazy!

It used to be we could submit *only one* review, ever, for any place we visited.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
49,871 posts
59 reviews
8. Re: Why Must We Wait 30 Days to Post Another Review?

Only TA Staff know why a resto cannot be reviewed before 30 days go by. For the guidelines that TA have established about writing reviews, have a look here ... especially the link in the section that says "unique and independent."

…custhelp.com/app/…3D

9. Re: Why Must We Wait 30 Days to Post Another Review?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 15, 2014