We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

List my business (attraction)

daigletours
1 post
Save Topic
List my business (attraction)

I'm trying to list my "attraction" on tripadvisor but got rejected, can anyone point me in the right direction for getting a listing. We are a safari tour company based in Tanzania (Daigle Tours). I positioned the listing as an attraction and selected "tour" under the type. Most of our tours are multiple days, but we also do day trips. I know there is a requirement of the tours listed only being one day long. How then do i get listed? Any pointers would be most helpful. Thanks

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,082 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: List my business (attraction)

I googled Daigle Tours in Tanzania and was unable to easily find your day tour offerings. That may be your problem.

Make a website just for your day tours, or put them prominently on your current site. Remember that even if you're giving a listing for your day tours, none of your customers taking multi-day tours can review your business on TA.

Silvia

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,024 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: List my business (attraction)

Hi daigletours"

Have you read the listing criteria to be listed as an "Attraction" ?

"Attractions

We list permanent places of interest to tourists. Temporary or short-term things to do (e.g., farmer's markets, flea markets), items solely on the web, or services such as classes or information services may be listed as resources but not as attractions. We include gear rental listings for sport-related activities such as bicycles, surf boards, and scooters. We do not list car/auto rentals, rentals of electronic equipment (such as cell phones, tablets, and GPS units), or personal items (such as baby strollers, beach umbrellas, and cameras).

The attraction must have an official name, address, and published telephone number. It must be open/available to customers on a regularly scheduled basis. Pre-determined hours or departure times must be published on an official website or in a printed brochure.

If the attraction is not in a fixed place (e.g., tour or cruise), then scheduled departure times, place of departure and destinations (if applicable) must be provided on the website or in the brochure. We list companies that offer day tours or day cruises.

Tour companies that offer private tours may qualify for a listing if:

The company offers day tours (not overnight or multi-day).

The company is licensed/recognized by local city or tourism officials.

The company has a website.

The word “Private” appears in the listing name."

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedNew

Best Regards

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: List my business (attraction)

Silvia wrote:

"Make a website just for your day tours, or put them prominently on your current site. Remember that even if you're giving a listing for your day tours, none of your customers taking multi-day tours can review your business on TA."

Well, this is not quite true. You can look at so many attraction sites and most of their reviews are about their multi day tours. All customers can review multi-day tours!!!! And they are not private. A few companies listed on Tripadvisor offer 1 Day Tour and about 10 multi-day tours and they have a listing and 50 reviews or more with at least 90% talking about their extended trips. This should not be happening. It is an absolute disadvantage for all other companies out there!!!

Peter

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,156 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: List my business (attraction)

Although this is an 11 month old thread and there have been many more discussions on this forum since this one, i am one who thinks listing 1 day tours is a farce. Businesses post on Support all the time asking how to get listed as a day tour. Opening the link they provide shows no day tours at all. So off they go to redesign their website. Once that is done they submit a request for a listing based on their shiny new button in the menu bar for day tours. Voilà!

Reporting these business' reviews is down to TA users who read those reviews. TA staff simply do not go hunting for mis-reviewed tours. When users report the reviews for the multi day tours, they will be taken down by TA staff. But it's a very inefficient system.

Many here have agreed that TA should either list companies that offer both day and multi-day tours, or companies that only offer one day tours and no others. But not try to list one day tours for a company whose website shows many multi day tours. A recipe for shambles.

If you see them, report them. In the bottom right corner of each review, there is a link that says: Problem with this review? Then you select: Off topic or irrelevant (my best guess!) and submit that.

Just to let you know though, that I once reported 24 multi day tours for a tour company and they were never removed. I decided at that point to care as much as TA does.

There may come a day when TA figures out what to do.

5. Re: List my business (attraction)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 31, 2014