We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

delete my review

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
delete my review

I want to delete a review. I am satisfied now that the problems have been fixed with the hotel. How do I do it? I have tried everything. Nothing seems to work.

150 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
34,398 posts
376 reviews
11. Re: delete my review

+2. I once had an issue with a hotel. After quite a few emails back and forth, I was happy with the response. I would not have dreamt of submitting a review while discussions wer eongoing between myself and the establishment. In fact, I don't think I ever wrote one!

12. Re: delete my review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:15 pm, November 29, 2013

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
13. Re: delete my review

laxman, i presume by your post that you are a business owner or representative?? If so, please read the sticky topic at the top of this forum entitled: Please Read: A Notice To Property And Business Owners....

That will provide you with information regarding the Owners Forum etc, as any matters relating to your business should be posted in there :)

CB

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
14. Re: delete my review

I doubt laxman is the owner. He has written 2 reviews for the guesthouse.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
Level Contributor
67,653 posts
80 reviews
15. Re: delete my review

Hi laxman388;

TripAdvisor staff will only remove a review if it violates the guidelines.

Best Regards

Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
16. Re: delete my review

Please will you delete my review of the unicorn hotel skipton as someone used my phone without my knowledge and these are not my views of the unicorn hotel please will you let me know asap it has been deleted thankyou .

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
24,913 posts
77 reviews
17. Re: delete my review

Before I respond to your posting, I want to point out that I do NOT work for TripAdvisor. As with all Destination Experts, I'm a TA member like you who volunteers to help fellow members with their questions.

TA staff do not monitor the forums for requests like yours. In order to remove your review, go to

www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

and select "Remove my Review".

18. Re: delete my review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:49 am, January 28, 2014

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
49,838 posts
59 reviews
19. Re: delete my review

BalleBalleTAIPEI,

As an owner, you need to post on the Owners' Forum.

If you are not registered as an owner, please see the second topic on the Support Forum, which has a push pin against it. Open that and read everything.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Edited: 12:08 am, November 29, 2013
USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
20. Re: delete my review

>>IMO reviews shouldn't be able to be removed at the choice of the reviewer, and that should be clearly understood at the time the review is submitted.<<

I disagree and think a reviewer should be able to remove a review immediately at the click of a button. Here are some reasons I would want my review removed:

1. The review was posted to the wrong business.

2. The review was posted in anger and was not as bad as written.

3. The review had errors.

4. The reviewer wishes to avoid legal action.

5. A billing error was corrected after the review was written.

6. They weren't really bed bugs.

Reply to: delete my review
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions