We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cropped Avatars

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,513 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Cropped Avatars

Hi;

It appears that the avatars have been cropped on the left and right sides, and zoomed in.

As an example, my flag flies from a flag pole, which is no longer visible.

TA staff - any comment ?

Best Regards

Flint, mi
Level Contributor
759 posts
1,170 reviews
Save Reply
111. Re: Cropped Avatars

TA Jeanine,

Thanks for the update

flintjarvis

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
112. Re: Cropped Avatars

Aw come on, Flintjarvis! Now you went and totally changed your photo, so how can we figure out if it's been fixed? I think you used to have something I never could figure out. I didn't know if it was a grouping of flowers like orchids or tulips or a group of vampire bats (seriously, what WAS that picture?)

Flint, mi
Level Contributor
759 posts
1,170 reviews
Save Reply
113. Re: Cropped Avatars

Frozen Tundra,

I'll re-post the other image (the images of the flower group which looks sorta like a puppy wanting a kitty to come-along) after PACZKI day has come (that's Fat Tuesday or Mardi Gras or Carnival... depending where you live).

Hopefully, the avatar bug will have been fixed by then.

Flint, mi
Level Contributor
759 posts
1,170 reviews
Save Reply
114. Re: Cropped Avatars

You can always check out the other avatars to see if they are still "cropped". I figure a big round pastry will fit in a square if you shove it in there hard enough... just watch out for that wonderful jelly filling... DARN!... now I'm REALLY craving those PAZCKI!!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
115. Re: Cropped Avatars

I was going to call it a Paczki, but couldn't remember the spelling. I could have called it a Bismark, schneken or just jelly filled doughnut. I grew up in Milwaukee so for those who don't know, Paczki is Polish and a special treat made only before the start of lent. Actually, to me, they just seemed like regular jelly filled doughnuts.

Flint, mi
Level Contributor
759 posts
1,170 reviews
Save Reply
116. Re: Cropped Avatars

OOPS... so I made a spelling error...sorry

PACZKI is correct.

Think of a jelly donut made with richer, heavier ingredients and a lot more calories... now that's a PACZKI!

In michigan, the most authentic Paczki come from Hamtramck, Mi (just a few miles from downtown Detroit... also known as Pole-town for the Polish heritage). The drive is too far, and the lines are too long for me. So Donna's Donuts in Flint, or Jablonski's Baker's Corner in Burton, Mi. are the best places for me to get them.

Sorry if I'm taking this discussion too "off-topic"

The Paczki seems to fit the avatar square just fine.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
117. Re: Cropped Avatars

I've actually seen it with various spellings and pronunciations. Now I'M OT too!

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,441 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
118. Re: Cropped Avatars

Without my ears, would I still be able to taste and enjoy this delicious sounding Paczki!? ;-)

(I've visited Poland and have no memory of encountering them there, but perhaps they really are only available before Lent. I do love the way those central European countries still have so many strictly seasonal treats. Makes you savour them all the more when they are available for such a short period!)

SWT

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
119. Re: Cropped Avatars

I've always heard it pronounced Poonch Key, and they're only before lent. The idea was to use up your fat and sugar as a special treat before the lean time of Lent.

Flint, mi
Level Contributor
759 posts
1,170 reviews
Save Reply
120. Re: Cropped Avatars

Back to the topic...

I see that the avatar problem STILL doesn't seem to be fixed. :(