We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekly booking buddy updates

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Weekly booking buddy updates

Every week, I get lots of offers from TA booking buddy. These are always tailored to the US, which is not very useful for me as I live in the UK!

Can the offers be changed so they are more useful?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekly booking buddy updates

Hi there

I think you would need to contact Booking Buddy. While they are all under ownership by Expedia (and soon TripAdvisor Media Group) they are managed separately. This forum - TripAdvisor Support - is for asking help in how to use the TripAdvisor website.

Noah

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekly booking buddy updates

But the 2 links on the bottom of the email both direct me to TA help pages!! Looks like we have a catch22 here.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekly booking buddy updates

I looked at the booking buddy website and found this contact link for them: http://www.bookingbuddy.com/feedback.php

Give that a try.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekly booking buddy updates

Wait.... What us the "from" address on those emails?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekly booking buddy updates

TopTravelDeals@deals.tripadvisor.com

but it says that I can't reply to that

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekly booking buddy updates

OK -= I was just thinking that the use of the "booking buddy" logo was incidental. I get those same emails. I am very sorry - YES you are correct, those originate on TripAdvisor and they are controlled on your 'Subscriptons' page of your profile.

But - now to making them useful to you...that is even harder :) I don't see any way to customize what part of the world the deals are from. I'm looking at the last one I received and I don't see anything on there for the UK. Mostly US and tropical areas.

I'm trying to think back to when they started these - they aren't all that old, I think they were to compete with travelzoo.com - but I thought different areas got different emails. Are you using the UK version of the TripAdvisor website ( http://www.tripadvisor.com/ ) versus the default version ending in .com? I wonder if that is what determines what version you get.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Again - Steve, I'm sorry for misunderstanding the situation

-Noah

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekly booking buddy updates

OK - back again.

I have two things to try:

1. You might try using this "contact us" link from the Help Center, it does go to the newsletter team - but they may be your best bet. www.tripadvisor.com/ContactUs… They *should* reply to your email address within a few business days.

2. Since this issue isn't covered in the Help Center, I'll see if i can find a TA employee to comment on it. I cant' guarantee they will - but there is a chance.

Thank you!

Noah

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekly booking buddy updates

steve_p53,

The newsletter you refer to is our Travel Deals newsletter which is only available in the US. The deals are provided by our sister company Booking Buddy and they do not have enough partners in Europe to have a UK version.

You probably signed up when you were visiting our .com site. it is not shown on .co.uk.

Sorry about the confusion.

B-

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weekly booking buddy updates

Thanks Barbara! :)

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weekly booking buddy updates

OK, guess I'll unsubscribe. Thanks for all your very quick responses.

BTW, as far as I know I always use .co.uk

Cheers

Steve.