We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A customer review is missing

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
A customer review is missing

Hello T.A. Staff.

One of our guests put a review today but we can not see it,

We saw in this forum that reviews can be seen in 2 days or maybe weeks, according with the work of T.A staff.

But what happens if the guest do not get the "thank you for submited your review" '?

Most people are very busy and they are not going to spend a lot of time trying to put A Review again and again. They just had their holidays and now they are back to work, T.A.Please think about this.

Or is it necessary that we pay so the reviews can be seen? We are new TA, We payed for the business listing but TA service has been very bad.

Hope this time a solution won´t take a long time as usual.

Thanks

Dorispi

Palapas Tulum

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,748 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A customer review is missing

Reviews can take several weeks to get published. TripAdvisor will not communicate with business owners about the status of reviews as it is considered a private matter, but it will communicate with the reviewer herself.

A few moments after submitting a review, the reviewer gets an automated thank you for your review email. If the reviewer does not get this email, he/ she can assume that something went wrong during submission and will need to be resuitted.

Silvia

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,748 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A customer review is missing

Resubmitted. Sorry about that typo.

Edited: 11:30 pm, March 24, 2011
Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A customer review is missing

Hi Silvia

thanks for your reply, what we do not understand is the fact that some hotels and bed and breakfast can get the reviews almost inmediately, if you see there are reviews that customer submited yesterday (march 24) so we do not know if that has to do with a special payment they made to TA. maybe????

otherwise we still think that TA doesnt work the same for everybody, We have had a terrible service since the beginnig, they were only fast when they wanted us to pay for the business listing, what a shame,

Guests can not submit and resubmit their reviews again again, they are busy people.

Dorispi

Palapas Tulum

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,554 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A customer review is missing

Just a thought. Did the guest use your computer to submit the review?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,748 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A customer review is missing

Hi Dorispi,

Some reviews just take longer to post than others; it's very rare that a review is posted the same day that is submitted. You mention yesterday you were inquiring about a review submitted just yesterday! I hope this guest did not submit a review while still at your place. You're aware that it can cause problems for you, right?

Why? Some times reviews are flagged for TA Staff to take a closer look. That's all. Just check this page from the Help Center:

tripadvisor.com/help/why_do_some_reviews_tak…

I submitted a few recently and they took 11 days to post. Other members reported their reviews took much longer than that, even 3 weeks. It has nothing to do with the property the reviews are for; it has to do with the content of the review and the workload of TA's staff. And definitely nothing to do with making any sort of payment to TA. To my knowledge, all reviews are treated equally (no special preference for long-time TripAdvisor members, for frequent reviews, for Destination Experts, OR for any property that has a Business Listing.

Silvia

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A customer review is missing

Hi Annabelle.

No, we are in Tulum and our guest is in Cancun now with his own lattop.

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A customer review is missing

Thank you Silvia.

OK then we will wait,

Since we have had a bad experience with TA we do not trust them anymore, hope, we really hope that T.A can imporove their service. I mean they could be a great company, they have everything but it seems that their organisation is terrible, they answer AFTER the problem is already solved,

I have never seen this in my life. Have you?

Nevertheless this FORUM really helps.

Thanks again.

Atascadero...
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A customer review is missing

"Hi Annabelle.

No, we are in Tulum and our guest is in Cancun now with his own lattop."

And why exactly would you would speaking with them regarding a review ALREADY the SAME day they submitted it and how did the conversation even come up?

I thought vacationers were so busy enjoying themselves and shouldn't be bothered about all the trouble with posting reviews?

These "guests" aren't even out of the state of Quintana Roo yet and you have TA issues already.

Since your very first set of problems with TA, its been one complaint after another. If you don't like the website, its support, billing or technical assistance, then why preoccupy yourself with any of it in the first place?

9. Re: A customer review is missing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, March 25, 2011
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,554 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A customer review is missing

Doris, while I asked you if the guest had posted on your computer, the follow up comments were not by me but by TimToad.

So I take strong offence at your comment at the end of your post and would appreciate an apology.

Get answers to your questions