We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tripwow slide show maker

NJ
Level Contributor
196 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Tripwow slide show maker

Pretty slick and easy especially if you have pix already uploaded to Picasa or flickr etc. Fun app!

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0099-287c-ed20

Newton...
Level Contributor
638 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tripwow slide show maker

Thanks, jmackq! We are so glad you like this feature. Thank you for sharing your show with us.

If anyone else out there has made a TripWow show, we'd love to have you post it in this thread!

TA_Sara

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
878 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tripwow slide show maker

I'd love to post my tripwow video, but not sure how to do it. Please help!!

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,256 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tripwow slide show maker

I hope MsVancouver got it sorted?

Now to my questions. How are Tripwows accessible, they don't seem to be listed under either the destination or the contributor? What is "inappropriate content" for the purposes of reporting a Tripwow? Do you have to log in via FB, is it only available to FB members? Is there a help page I somehow overlooked?

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tripwow slide show maker

Hi MacKnee :)

You can start from here http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/ :) There’s a step-by-step instruction on how to do it (fast and easy, but not perfect).

It is surely not available to FB members only. I’m not on FB, but used TripWow no problem.

When you create your slide-show, they send you an e-mail with the link you can share - send to someone, post on the forum etc.

I’ve asked many times if there’re any projects to link TripWow to TA (for instance, have your slide-shows listed in your profile), or to make their connection more obvious, but got no feedback..

Can't double-check it now, but once I browsed it and remember to have been able to see/select the shows dedicated to certain destinations.

Edited: 7:39 am, January 18, 2011
Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,256 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tripwow slide show maker

Hi Cora :-)

Thank you. I did find that page. The thing is, I don't seem to be logged in when I go to that page and when I try to log in I get the FB log in. Also I'd like to know how the Tripwows are accessed before I go to the trouble of making one. I've enjoyed the ones I've seen but they have all been ones that were mentioned in a forum post. I get the impression that not everyone even knows they exist (I saw a comment about that just three days ago). What really prompted me to seek further info now was that I viewed someone's Tripwow and noticed there were other suggested Tripwows at the side of the page, and one of them was not what I expected. It was a waste of my time but I'm not sure if it's "inappropriate" as far as TA's intentions go.

I'd like to have a go at doing one myself. I thought once it had been around for a while it would be clearer how it fits into TA's scheme of things, but as you can see I still have questions about it.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tripwow slide show maker

Having read your post, I started a test-slide-show without being logged in.

Uploaded few random photos, and after I was done, I was offered to sign in the same way as at TA - either FB, or e-mail and password. Submitted same details as at TA and I was logged in and even connected to my first slide-show.

Received the link by e-mail …tripadvisor.com/tripwow/tw-00ce-e5de-20d5… and was offered numerous options to share it with the world (mostly via FB) that I declined.

However, I do NOT like the developments of the trip-wow feature. The way it used to be when I created my first slide-show was more user-friendly.

But again, except for the acceptability of the same log-in details, there seems to be no other connection to my TA profile.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
7. Re: Tripwow slide show maker

Hi MacKnee and Cora_V,

I think I can shed some light on your questions.

As Cora_V said, you definitely don't need to use Facebook to enjoy TripWow. However, there is no explicit link between TripWow's login and your TripAdvisor login. You can make it the same once you create your first slideshow, but you won't be automatically logged in.

Any slideshow you create will be accessible by a unique URL that you can share. Slideshows are also listed in a browsable geographic directory and the Suggested lists that MacKnee noticed. You can always see all your own slideshow by clicking on the "My slideshows" link in the header once you're logged in.

I hope that gets most of your questions. I'm subscribed to this thread now and I'm glad to answer any follow-ups.

Cora_V, what new developments are you referring too? We're always interested in hearing feedback.

Happy travels,

Eric from the TripWow Team

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tripwow slide show maker

Thanks Ericlussier,

I first did a slideshow with each town listed with the pointer, didn't like it as it was too much jumping back and forth withd music and feature changes ...probably good for just one place. Now I just use Ireland as the town and put the town in the caption...there was only UK listed anyway it runs much more smoothly IMO...especially for a trip. Anyway, I noticed in the city under Ireland I can see "Can't find it...check the map" and I can use this so I will update...but it would be nice to have Rep of Ireland listed also...otherwise love this feature and yes it is a pity we can't have them under contributions also in TA.

Cheers

Niec

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,256 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tripwow slide show maker

Thank you Eric. I'll try to have a play around with it soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tripwow slide show maker

Sara- I made one specifically to go with a thread I posted in the Cambodian forum. I had looked for pictures of a boat trip I took from Siem Reap to Battambang when I was deciding whether to do it but could not find many pictures.

I made the Trip Wow and then posted a link to go with my report on the trip I posted on the forum so anyone who came across my post on a forum search would not have the same problem of finding images in a Google Search- so for this purpose I did find it very useful.

It was a better way to show how the trip went then putting photos up with the hotel review.

Here is its link.

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-00bf-3198-f4e2