We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Add locations to TripWatch

philadelphia
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Add locations to TripWatch

How do I enter a new location to my TripWatch? Clicking on the "add locations" button results in cities and states only. Why doesn't it find the hotels to enter?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Add locations to TripWatch

Hello, lovetotraveltohawaii,

(I really like your screenname, btw!)

Have you gotten TripWatch reports before? Each covers a selected city and provides you with lists of popular attractions/hotels/restaurants that have recently been reviewed positively, and other travel writings about the area.

If you would like, here is a sample TripWatch to check out what they look like: tripadvisor.com/pages/newsletter_sample.html

The editors of TripWatch decide what goes into each newsletter.

I hope that helps,

-Noah

philadelphia
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Add locations to TripWatch

Dear Noah-

Thank you for your feedback. I have recieved the TripWatch reports before and they included, not only the city I selected but also any hotels I identified and selected as well. Now, I do not see a way to select a specific hotel. Is that no longer a choice?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Add locations to TripWatch

HI again,

Well - I gave you some bad advice AND it seems that something isn't working on TA.

If you check out this page in the help center, it talks about how to add specific hotels to TripWatch: tripadvisor.com/help/how_do_i_add_a_hotel_to…

But I just tried the instructions, and it did not find any of the hotels I tried to enter - hotels that I know are listed on Trip Advisor.

So now..sorry for the incorrect information earlier..I would suggest you go to that page in the Help Center, noted above - and click "Contact Us" (it's about the center of the page) and write directly to TA about the problem.

I'll do that too and please reply back when you hear from them. And if anyone else can shed some light on the matter - please do!

Thanks

-Noah

philadelphia
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Add locations to TripWatch

Thanks, Noah. I feel better just knowing it wasn't just me experiencing the situation. I will contact TA directly and let you know what their response is.

Have a pleasant day.

lovetotraveltohawaii

5. Re: Add locations to TripWatch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, October 14, 2009