We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews getting erased

Tasuketeme
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Reviews getting erased

I'm a bit confused. I've tried writing a review for a hotel I recently stayed in... twice. Both times the review first shows up as pending and when I check back later is deleted. Two other reviews of different hotels that i posted on the same days show up. What's going on here?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews getting erased

Hello Tasuketeme,

Welcome to TripAdvisor. Sorry to hear about the problems getting your review published. Please visit this page in our Help Center and use the Contact Us link found there to get in touch with our staff in charge of reviews who will be able to investigate this for you:

tripadvisor.com/help/when_will_my_review_be_…

Best regards,

TA_MikeW

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews getting erased

My review also keeps disappearing. I have e-mailed trip advisor to ask why and I do not get a reply. My review is a very positive one and can't understand why it's not being excepted. Aren't they supposed to e-mail you and tell you why?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews getting erased

Be patient while waiting for a reply. A TA Staff Member posted in another thread that the editors are dealing with a huge amount of submissions right now, and it is taking a while to respond.

If you review still shows as 'pending' then it hasn't been processed yet. I've also heard that a review may be temporarily removed from your contributions page, before it is published. One member reported it was 'missing' for three days before it was published.

Also - make sure TA has your correct email address and that no TA mail has gotten caught up in a spam folder in your email system. TA is now sending emails for you to confirm your review (in an effort to reduce fraud) and you have to click on the link in the email in order for the review to be published. If you don't click the link in the email, the review will be deleted.

Best of luck,

-Noah

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews getting erased

Same thing here except my review was on the board for about 3 weeks before I received the "verification" email. I did not get back to them right away (never thought to check that account since the review was up already). The frustrating part is trying to reply to the email sent to me. It will not transmit back to the sender. It was a good review so I am somewhat perplexed??!!

Bubby

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews getting erased

There are two types of verification emails that I am aware of them sending

1) which happens when you initially post the review. I do not know if this happens to everyone, every time.

2) one which is sent to a random number of recipients after your review is posted.

Check the instructions on the email, I didn't think it was something you replied to - rather it was a link you had to click in order to confirm your review.

Good luck,

-Noah

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews getting erased

Hi to all,

Thanks, PDXNoah, you are correct in your description of how the verification emails are sent, and the necessity to click on the link rather than send a reply to the email in order to complete the verification process.

As I am not a member of the User Review or User Review Verifications Support Teams, I do not process these items, so I cannot answer you directly. As far as I remember, the requests for verification are time-sensitive -- if you do not click on the link within a certain time-frame, we will remove the review as "unverified".

I have forwarded the contents of this topic to the Verification Support Team, they will contact the authors directly with instructions/information on these reports.

Best regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team