We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firefox 3.0 problem?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
96 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Firefox 3.0 problem?

Anybody else having problems with Firefox 3.0 seeing the complete lists of hotels for a selected town?

Sometimes only the first two hotels (out of a bigger number indicated) are shown, sometimes none at all...

It seems to work with Internet Explorer.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
96 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Firefox 3.0 problem?

To add an example:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g48261-Niagara_Falls_…

reports a list of 41 hotels, only two are shown (independent of sort category and without giving a specific date)

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Firefox 3.0 problem?

Hi just_here,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble viewing all the hotels in the list. I have Firefox 3.0, and I'm not able to reproduce this problem. There should be 20 results per page, and that's what I'm seeing. Are you still encountering this problem? If so, please try clearing your browser's cache, and make sure you're scrolling down the page completely to see the full list.

If you're still unable to view the complete list, please let me know.

Thanks!

Dan

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
96 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Firefox 3.0 problem?

It seems to me that the problem is related to certain ads - if I reload the page (or block the ad-source in question), I can see the complete page :-)

It might have been caused by some active/flash/etc. content in the ad (I'm usually blocking flash animations). Since I've found a workaround, I have not tried to figure out the actual cause of the problem.

4. Re: Firefox 3.0 problem?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 pm, October 08, 2009