We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No response from TA about new listing, and revoked points

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
No response from TA about new listing, and revoked points

I tried to add the new place to TA. There's not much on TA about the part of China that I live in so I wanted to write about few interesting places that are not listed here. I added a place (it's a mountain, so it's definitely permanent attraction). I also wrote a review to together with it. TA gave me points for that. But later those points just disappeared, along with the review like it never happened. Before when I tried to list something new at least I got an email that attraction can't be listed because it's not permanent. So now I tried to add scenic spot (which is definitely permanent), but got no reply whatsoever.

3 replies to this topic
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,892 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No response from TA about new listing, and revoked points

In order to list any business, you need to provide the URL of their website or official Facebook page.

In the case of a mountain or a national park, try providing the URL of any government agency site where the place is mentioned.

I would also skip writing a review until you hear from TripAdvisor that the place has been listed. It may take more than one try to get a natural monument listed. Not easy.

As to you not receiving a rejection email for the listing, I've read enough posts on this forum that suggest that members are either not getting these emails or end up in their spam inbox or simply they're not being sent out as expected.

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No response from TA about new listing, and revoked points

Thanks. I'll try adding webpage of they tourism department or something. Since it's in China, Facebook page is not available ;)

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
69,995 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No response from TA about new listing, and revoked points

Note that it can take up to 8 weeks for the listing to be added. Then it's another 24-48 hours for the listing to be synced to the destination page. And finally it's ready for review submissions.

Reply to: No response from TA about new listing, and revoked points
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted