We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How you can verified if a review is authentical or not..?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Topic

6 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,247 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How you can verified if a review is authentical or not..?

You can't. The review will stay up unless it breaches guidelines.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,075 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How you can verified if a review is authentical or not..?

86Manuel ~

Welcome to the forum. We are all anonymous contributors of content in this website. Forum posts show up, reviews show up. Reviews may or may not be authentic, but they will only be removed if they violate a review guideline.

The guidelines for reviews can be read here: https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

York
Level Contributor
733 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How you can verified if a review is authentical or not..?

Hi - I read the OP as asking if a review can be authenticated rather than if it can be removed. I'm not a regular poster so, if my suggestion violates any guidelines, please forgive me......

If I wasn't sure about a review I might PM the reviewer asking "in all innocence" for a bit more information about their stay/visit - I think the reply (or lack thereof) might give me a hint as to the authenticity of the review.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
400 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How you can verified if a review is authentical or not..?

SueOYork - I've done as you suggested over the years, especially with first time posters, and although multiple reviewers usually answer the 'firsters' never have.

That doesn't prove or disprove the authenticity of a review but to me it speaks volumes.

York
Level Contributor
733 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How you can verified if a review is authentical or not..?

Absolutely Keith. In my experience a genuine reviewer (good or bad) is usually happy to share more details of their stay.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,263 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How you can verified if a review is authentical or not..?

That would certainly increase my suspicion, Keith, and I'd be far more likely to ignore a review where I'd asked the reviewer for extra information and thye hadn't responded.

But it wouldn't convince me completely that they or their review(s) are a fake. Things tend to be more complex than that. Daily life can get in the way, and, perhaps more crucially, not everyone wishes to spend time here answering messages and getting involved in discussions. For at least some folk, particularly those who have been directed here by a hotel, restaurant or attraction, it's just a case of drop in, write a review, and disappear again.

In the end, all we can do is to judge each review on it's merits, and decide for ourselves whether e are going o take nay notice of what it says, or not.

Reply to: How you can verified if a review is authentical or not..?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted