We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helpful votes dissapearing

London
Level Contributor
96 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Helpful votes dissapearing

Hi,

Has anyone seen a problem with their helpful votes disappearing from their reviews? I've posted several reviews up recently where I see a helpful vote against them and then after a short period of time the helpful vote then disappears and my total of helpful votes reduces.

Is this a problem on my account? I can't see anyway to contact TA. Any advise appreciated.

Thanks

john

4 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
23,578 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helpful votes dissapearing

Yes, there's definitely some kind of bug. There have been several threads over the years reporting an issue. I keep getting a helpful vote for the same restaurant review every few days yet it still stands at one helpful vote.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,219 posts
1,742 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helpful votes dissapearing

John,

As mentioned, you are not alone.

For quite some time, for every HV, about which I was notified, I lost 3.

Then, and recently, it seems to be totally random. I might get 5 notifications, and actually see total go up by five - or down by 2, 3, or?

It was so frustrating, that I quit counting, and just what will happen, happen.

Best of luck,

Hunt

London
Level Contributor
96 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helpful votes dissapearing

Thanks for the feedback, at least its a known issue and not just my account! As you say I will just have to roll with it.....Although this evening I've had lots of Helpful votes just come through on my recent reviews so I'm not sure if the system has been fixed or whether its some of the very kind folks here on the forum ;-)

I'll have to check in the morning and see if they are still there! Thanks once again.

John

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,712 posts
6,408 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helpful votes dissapearing

Happy to read you are seeing more helpful votes and thanks for contributing.

I saw the same delay this week as you where one sees X number of helpful votes and then a sudden increase.

Reply to: Helpful votes dissapearing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted