We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deleting a review

Bradford, United...
1 post
Deleting a review

I did not mean to publish my review and want to delete it asap, iv'e tried but it keeps saying the same error message. Just please delete it for me..

14 replies to this topic
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
43,947 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Deleting a review

TA can't at the moment as there is a known issue.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i…

Angie.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,601 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Deleting a review

How can you publish a review without meaning to?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,520 posts
106 reviews
3. Re: Deleting a review

Christabel

Having read it, I can perfectly understand why.

It expends more characters ( mis) naming the manager than it does explaining anything useful...

It was only published 3 days ago, and the OP only joined TA this week, so it’s perhaps understandable, but I am concerned at the number of requests to delete reviews which have been posted in the last couple of days, and whilst perhaps not applicable to the OP, I can’t help wondering why there are so many such requests and, more worryingly, how many reviews get deleted ( for a number of reasons) when the “delete my review” function is actually working.

Seems to me there is something very, very strange going on in the background, like perhaps a SEO company contacting members to induce them to delete negative reviews?

Mon

Edited: 11:25 am, December 15, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Deleting a review

I have been trying for 3 days to delete my review that a friend feels is damaging to his relationship with the business reviewed by me. I understand his concern, and I have agreed to delete the review. I click on the correct delete review chain in the support center, but each time I receive a message that says: "We're sorry, but there was a problem with your request. Please try submitting it again later.

Click here to go back > ".

Any help to allow me to delete the review will be appreciated.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,520 posts
106 reviews
5. Re: Deleting a review

Denverite300 in post #4

Why should your review damage your friend’s relationship with a business? It doesn’t make sense at all...

Vested interest, or inducement from a third party to remove it, perhaps ?

🤔🤔

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,719 posts
1,769 reviews
6. Re: Deleting a review

Denverite,

Please read Reply #1, and then Angie’s linked thread.

Best of luck,

Hunt

Edited: 12:12 pm, December 15, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Deleting a review

Exactly.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,520 posts
106 reviews
8. Re: Deleting a review

Thought so....

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
11 posts
97 reviews
9. Re: Deleting a review

I do not believe something fishy is going on. Not at all.

I'm another one having made a similar error.

I happened to click publish instead of preview.

I'm not wanting to delete it. A correction would be enough.

My review has an irritating error, due to me mixing up two different restaurants I'd visited a few weeks ago.

I was about to correct the error (both in the headline and in the text) in my not yet published review, when I stupidly clicked publish.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
72,667 posts
476 reviews
10. Re: Deleting a review

There are, without a shadow of a doubt, genuine reason for wanting to take your own review down. These include making a mistake as above, and having a change of mind about the review after a period of reflection.

But there are also less genuine reasons for delting a review, and these are what will concern many here, because taking a review down following a bribe to do so, simply masks poor businesses to the detriment of other travellers.

A business would be better advised to improve their products and services rather than try to manipulate the system to their own advantage, but if they are poor in the first place, it is probably not surprising that the bribery strategy is appealing to them.

Reply to: Deleting a review
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted