We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please improve your site's usability

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Please improve your site's usability

It's seemingly impossible to submit details about a new restaurant (I'm not the owner -- I'd just like to review it), and finding this "Help us make TripAdvisor better" forum was nearly as difficult. With all the promptings I receive from TripAdvisor to write reviews, I had expected better functionality. I read TripAdvisor reviews often and would like to contribute, but I have limited time to spend on a site that is so difficult to use. And now I'm wondering how long TripAdvisor can remain viable with such bad usability.

For what it's worth, the restaurant I'm trying to review:

Chencha y Chole Authentic Mexican Kitchen

865 S Broad St, Trenton, NJ

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
41,878 posts
11 reviews
31 helpful votes
1. Re: Please improve your site's usability

I guess I am puzzled by what difficulty yu encounter if you use this link?

www.tripadvisor.com/UserReview-e__2F__

Thousands of people review restaurants here every day with no issue- where does your problem come up in the process?

Edited: 9:27 am, May 30, 2016
Tobyhanna...
Level Contributor
82 posts
54 reviews
19 helpful votes
2. Re: Please improve your site's usability

I think one of the issues is that TA has such a broad functionality that it can be frustrating finding what you want.

One solution might be to break up TA into "portals" or "gateways" that offer the same information but with a different look and focus. For example a "reviewer portal" that has highlighted links for review focused issues.

West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
90,104 posts
110 reviews
668 helpful votes
3. Re: Please improve your site's usability

Hi Victoria60795;

For future reference, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum is available for general “How To” questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Best Regards

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
9 helpful votes
4. Re: Please improve your site's usability

If this isn't the place to ask for help with a site problem, the useful thing would be to tell people where they *can* do this. I have exactly the same problem as Victoria - your site keeps taking me to the same box, which then refuses to recognise anything I type there. I wonder how many other people simply decide not to waste any more time?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
30,771 posts
5. Re: Please improve your site's usability

Sandra T, You said "your site". You may not realise but we are not TripAdvisor Staff answering on this public members forum. We are members like you. Some of us are Destination Experts for various things, but that just means we volunteer quite a bit and are knowledgeable on certain forums.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,771 posts
6. Re: Please improve your site's usability

To submit a new listing click on Review at the top of this page. Search for the exact city and business name. If it can't be found as an existing listing you get the option to submits details. Fill out as many as you can, including phone number, exact street address and include a link to their website. Submit.

It will give you the option to write your review right now. If you do then that review will stay Pending/waiting and may temporarily be attached to a general city page. Then after 4-8 weeks if the listing is approved and a new page created, staff will attach your review. Or you could choose to just write your review in Word on your home computer and save it. Wait till you receive an email in a few weeks from TripAdvisor. Then click the link in the email. It may take 24-48 hours till that listing goes live on the website, so just keep trying the email link. Then you can copy and paste in your saved review.

I hope this information helps.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,771 posts
7. Re: Please improve your site's usability

This may also be helpful to anyone having trouble navigating the site. It's a link to the forums homepage which many people save or bookmark for easy access - https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

Also, this link below to General Support contact us from the Help Centre. We all use it to directly contact Staff by either clicking on My User Account or General Site Questions and choosing menu headings and options and getting a text comments box to type into-

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/GeneralSupport

As mentioned above, if you need help on various things you can always ask on the members helping other members Support forum. There are lots of knowledgeable long-term members to help, and if it's something more complex you will be redirected to Staff and usually given help navigating a pathway through the General Support link.

8. Re: Please improve your site's usability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 02, 2017