We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Payments made via Flip Key

Santa Barbara...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Payments made via Flip Key

April 14, 2014: I just stayed at a fabulous property in Santa Barbara. Much to my dismay, however, I found out that although I paid for the reservation in February and the property owner has verified that my payment went through to Trip Advisor, no money has yet been transferred to the property owner. I find it poor business practice on Trip Advisor's part to take so long to process a payment made by a Trip Advisor customer to the property owner, especially when the property owner was fabulous. The property owner should receive their pay no later than when the customer is on their site. I hope you will improve this payment process.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,884 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Payments made via Flip Key

Welcome to the forum Dee.

This is a public forum as usual, not a TA Office.

Just an assumption on my part but I would assume the payment would be released when the guest checks out. Hotels take payment when the guest checks out. But Flipkey could be different.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,109 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Payments made via Flip Key

Hi Dee;

While TripAdvisor's parent company "TripAdvisor Media Network" owns both TripAdvisor & Flipkey, they are operated as two separate companies. I would suggest contacting FlipKey with your concerns.

Best Regards

Level Contributor
4 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Payments made via Flip Key

I agree with the comment posted by the guest. I own a property in Tn. and we received the 2013 best property award. Then Flip Key said they were going to start keeping our money until after the guest checks out. Most of the time our place is rented 6 months in advance, and they were going to keep our money. We have cancelled our subscription for this reason. We are now on Home Away and VRBO. These sites are great and they won't keep our money.

Lake Huntington...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Payments made via Flip Key

MY payment was never received by my host. Payment for $75 was sent. Please see my account and tell me what went wrong.

Marilyn Schleife

kschleife@hotmail.com

BR16297255

https:/…10204852859029600

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,109 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Payments made via Flip Key

Hi Marilyn;

Reply #2 applies to you, as well.

Best Regards

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Payments made via Flip Key

Impossible to contact flip key. Phone prompts are all mixed up. Email address doesn't work

Have you ever googled flip key reviews? Thousands of complaints !!

I am surprised that tripadvisor still directs people to flip key. and puts their name with them .

I'll be taking another look at Tripadvisor.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,109 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Payments made via Flip Key

Hi Joyce;

Did you read reply #2 ?

Best Regards

8. Re: Payments made via Flip Key

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 23, 2016